Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been wanting one for a while finally pulled the trigger, figurately..…literally in the next day or so. Almost the same gun but G4 instead of G3 and premier line fluted barrel. They have an 18 week wait after you send them your gun. I was lucky enough to find one BNIB on gun broker. Seller had 2 wanted me to buy both lol. only issue is Tier1 concealed has a month wait for a holster.

https://yetifirearms.com/products/a...9mm-urban-build-w-rmr-tin-barrel-night-sights

·
Registered
455 Posts
You paid $2,600.00 for a Glock?!?
Gun prices, like ammo prices, are nuts. I bought a Kimber .45 at Bass Pro for $1450 out the door with the sole intention of flipping it as there weren't many on GunBroker. Sold it for $3200. People who have the money are willing to pay big bucks right now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You paid $2,600.00 for a Glock?!?
I have over 10k into my most recent ARs, spent almost 2k replanting flowerbeds this weekend becaue S/O decided she wanted to tear out some shrubs whats it to ya? Some people buy 10 entry level ARr 10 pistols and have dozens of guns and never shoot half of them. Some people will even buy 3+ of the same freakins gun. what is the point of buying 6 DPMS AR15s 4 glocks 19s? lol people do that all time time.

I know at the end of the day I have no reasonable use for 45 different guns in different calibers. I chose to buy fewer, but nicer guns.

I also didnt say how much I paid for it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You put $10,000 in an AR?!? Well you absolutely need a $2,600.00 Glock!
Reading comprehension?!? ARs=plural

And I dont need a $2600 glock anymore than one needs a $80k ford raptor, $3~4K TVs or a 5 bedroom house for 2 people. they buy those things because they want them and can afford them. I didnt say I needed it I said I wanted it, so I bought it with my money. I like my stuff to be mine not the same random stuff everyone else has.

To each their own...super moderate on...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, not at all. Just not sure why you or anyone for some reason feel they need to be critical of others and what they spend THIER MONEY on. I just know I have no business telling anyone else let alone a stranger what he/she should or shouldn't do with his/her money nor criticize them for doing or buying something I wouldn't and has no bearing on my life.

Its the interwebz, you're welcome to express your displeasure in other peoples choices all you want.

Out of curiosity did you criticize your sister for spending 3.5 years of her life customizing Barbie dolls for your wife, or are you just critical of people on the internet?

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
Oh no. Not only did I criticize, I openly insulted.

And you can spend your money on anything you want. I'm not your dad.

But when you post a link to the sales site that clearly shows the price of the pistol you ordered, you invite critique.

Especially when you buy a $500 gun for $2600. Granted, they've put lipstick on it, but how much better can it perform than a stock Glock?

Then you wanted to impress everybody with your buying power. $10,000 for ARs. But you'd rather buy quality than quantity. Good for you.

I've got no dog in this hunt. I only commented on the ridiculous price for an upgraded Glock. I also commented on a ridiculous price for a copy of a Russian SVD.

Ridiculous prices are ridiculous prices.

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
From your linked add;

Agency Arms Glock 19 G3 9mm Urban Build W/ RMR TiN Barrel Night Sights
$2,689.99 $2,629.99

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont get insulted very easy and I dont need to impress anyone, if I want to spend 10k on strippers and beer thats my choice. Never did I say I spent 2600 in fact I said I bought a similar gun I found gun broker. Never did I say what I actually paid for it.

You can assume I spent how ever much you want.

I do agree ridiculous prices are ridiculous prices. Customizing guns can get expensive, just like customizing anything else.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But, But, But, you posted the link!
sure did lol only because:
A- I dont have the gun in hand to take pics yet
B-Im at work and gunbroker is blocked. So I cant add pictures of the actual gun

The link was for reference only.

gonna get back to surfing the interwebz hope you have a great rest of your evening sir.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Good gun, expensive, but I've overpaid on a few items recently myself. Could you build in for less? Yeah, but with the volatility of components right now, it likely wouldn't be much cheaper. My son love's his Tier-1 AIWB for his modified G19 and wants to get a second for his P365 (which he CCW's the most).

I'm getting more and more sold on optics for a carry gun. I've been experimenting and working with the slightly larger P365 XL and a Holosun 507k; if I get real serious I'll likely upgrade to an RMRcc. Needless to say, the optic has zero impact on my 7-meter to arms-length distance drills, but I'm still working on those mid-range drill speeds. Where it shines is when engagement distances get out to 20-30 meters; more accurate and much faster.

I'm sure you have them, but grab more mags while they're available.

ROCK6

1 - 20 of 24 Posts