Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool site, I'll be checking in often. Hope to learn tips on surviving when the system eventually crashes. (and it will)

I'm from a suburb just outside of Boston, you should have seen the panic that a "Boil Water" order created.:eek: It was a real wake up call to me that people are dumb panicky animals. I cant afford to be one of the people scrambling to the market for bottled water if I expect to survive in an actual emergency.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/05/04/boil_baby_boil/

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whoo yah!

Nobody should be drinking crap from the tap anyway.

If you think "he who controls the food, controls the people" is true.... you haven't thought much about "he who controls the water".

Mr2020

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome from Southern California. We had a boil water order here about a year ago and I heard 1 person call into a talk show to ask if they should hold off on washing their car until the pipes were cleared. You got panic, we got stupid. Which do you think is worse? Oh, and welcome to the forums.

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Welcome to the Survivalist Boards.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Greetings from Nashville! We don't have a boil order in effect, but Nashville is down to one water treatment plant due to the flooding and is being asked to conserve (unsuccessfully so far). 12 more inches of water rise (which is not much since the water was up over 50 feet in some places) and Nashville would have NO water, an almost unimaginable circumstance!

One definitely needs to be prepared before the emergency, because iin Boston many stores were out in an hour after the announcement! The conserve order here in Nashville actually created a 'hoard' mentality, thus having exactly the opposite effect intended.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.