Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm new all the way around. I'm new to this forum and I just got to this state. I've been into the survivalist scene actively for the past two yrs. Recently separated from my like minded friends in Arizona due to my move to Georgia. Anybody wants to help me out I would appreciate a steer toward like minded groups or individuals in the Macon area. I'm also looking for feedback on local ranges and any public land I can shoot on.

About myself
I am a six yr veteran of the armed forces. I would say as a reservist but most my time was spent actively on security missions and training exercises prior to my deployment to Iraq. I got out with an honorable discharge about 3 yrs ago. I moved to Arizona for school. I have always been a fan of shooting and with the very liberal gun laws there I explored my hobby further. In the process I made several friends who've taught me a great many things. I enjoy learning from those who know as well as teaching those who don't. I consider myself to be a fairly laid back and easy going person. I get along with most people fairly easy and I'm hoping to make new friends here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Simon:

Welcome to GA. Your path is similar to mine but probably about 40 years apart. I've been in GA full time since I retired from the Army in '92 after 26 years. I'm a Viet Nam vet, and enlisted after I ran out of funds mid-way through my junior year at Arizona State U.

I shoot smokeless as well as black powder rifles and traditional archery gear. I'm hoping to chase some hogs this fall if it ever cools off, proably down at Ocmulgee WMA south of Macon.

Welcome from a fellow new member. GF

·
survivalist
2,462 Posts
Well, looks like we got a lot of new folks from the great state of Georgia this week... Simon,hello and welcome to the forum,and a big thanks for your service.When you get a chance check out the state group,there may be some like minded people close by.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts