Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I am a police officer in the DFW area. I just finished 8 years on a well-respected SWAT team and have a fair amount of real-world tactical experience. I am a firearms instructor in several disciplines and have had some excellent luck in SWAT competitions and USPSA/3-Gun matches.

I was never in the military but served on SWAT with Marines, Rangers, one SEAL, and a few Air Force guys. I have been trained by, and have trained alongside many members of the U.S. special operations community.

Today, I am assigned to an investigative unit. I still head up the Dept's patrol rifle program and serve as a firearms instructor when I'm not riding a desk.

I grew up on a working ranch in the Big Bend area of Texas where I picked up many of the outdoor skills that come with that lifestyle. I trained horses a little in college and I met my wife while teaching horseback riding for the University of North Texas.

I finished paramedic school about 11 years ago (UTSW in Dallas) but never took the state test because I accepted a job offer with my current department only a few weeks before the test.

One of the reasons I came to this site is because I am currently in Grad School where I am working on a Master of Public Affairs degree with an emphasis on Homeland Security. While I have been aware of the survivalist scene for many years, the professors and official sources of information on disaster readiness have begun to acknowledge the value of many people and organizations in the survivalist community. Finally, experts on HS and disaster preparedness see that not everyone who is interested in survival is some kind of wing nut and have even begun to recommend that "average" people and local government employees seek out and accept information from experienced members of the survival community.

I'm also here because I am extremely interested in personal preparedness for natural disasters, civil disorder, and other disruptions of modern life.

I might as well get this out of the way while I'm at it: Politically speaking, I am a Ronald Reagan / early Barry Goldwater conservative. I am a member of the NRA. I reject anarchism, marxism, fascism, and the nanny state. I do not believe that 9-11 was an inside job and I reject the teachings of Alex Jones. I'm an educated man who understands that our government is a Constitutional Republic and that the most powerful weapon the people have is the vote.

Hopefully, I have been open enough to assure others that I'm a fairly regular guy and not an extremist. If all of this meshes well with this website and the people on it, then I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning reality-based information while sharing what knowledge I can.

·
Covert
77 Posts
Welcome from the Panhandle

Welcome to the board! This is a great site with what appears to be quite of few people who are of the same mindset. I wish there were more people out there as you just described yourself. They sure could have come in handy on election day.

I am up in Amarillo and am fairly new to the site but it is full of great information.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well from what ya wrote I can see you was brought up around these parts:D:Glad to have you join us.

·
Looking upward
211 Posts
Hello All:

I am a police officer in the DFW area. I just finished 8 years on a well-respected SWAT team and have a fair amount of real-world tactical experience. I am a firearms instructor in several disciplines and have had some excellent luck in SWAT competitions and USPSA/3-Gun matches.

I was never in the military but served on SWAT with Marines, Rangers, one SEAL, and a few Air Force guys. I have been trained by, and have trained alongside many members of the U.S. special operations community.

Today, I am assigned to an investigative unit. I still head up the Dept's patrol rifle program and serve as a firearms instructor when I'm not riding a desk.

I grew up on a working ranch in the Big Bend area of Texas where I picked up many of the outdoor skills that come with that lifestyle. I trained horses a little in college and I met my wife while teaching horseback riding for the University of North Texas.

I finished paramedic school about 11 years ago (UTSW in Dallas) but never took the state test because I accepted a job offer with my current department only a few weeks before the test.

One of the reasons I came to this site is because I am currently in Grad School where I am working on a Master of Public Affairs degree with an emphasis on Homeland Security. While I have been aware of the survivalist scene for many years, the professors and official sources of information on disaster readiness have begun to acknowledge the value of many people and organizations in the survivalist community. Finally, experts on HS and disaster preparedness see that not everyone who is interested in survival is some kind of wing nut and have even begun to recommend that "average" people and local government employees seek out and accept information from experienced members of the survival community.

I'm also here because I am extremely interested in personal preparedness for natural disasters, civil disorder, and other disruptions of modern life.

I might as well get this out of the way while I'm at it: Politically speaking, I am a Ronald Reagan / early Barry Goldwater conservative. I am a member of the NRA. I reject anarchism, marxism, fascism, and the nanny state. I do not believe that 9-11 was an inside job and I reject the teachings of Alex Jones. I'm an educated man who understands that our government is a Constitutional Republic and that the most powerful weapon the people have is the vote.

Hopefully, I have been open enough to assure others that I'm a fairly regular guy and not an extremist. If all of this meshes well with this website and the people on it, then I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning reality-based information while sharing what knowledge I can.

Gosh- I think I luv yew! What are your views on polygamy?
HAHHAHA J/k
Welcome:upsidedown:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community. Hope you are in the mess at Dallas PD. That place is a zoo. Have lots of friends down there. Hope you find a lot of good people here. Most of our group is from law enforcement. Best wishes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Howdy, Texagator !!
You sound like our kinda guy.. hehe. I'll bet you'll be a valuable resource !
We have a cousin and also another good friend in the FWPD !!
Small world, eh ? :upsidedown:
Happy to have you here !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts