Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am new to the site and from eastern Oregon just outside the city of LaGrande. I use to live in Portland and moved out here a few years ago now I can't imagine going back. I have been going camping basically since birth and I have been shooting since the age of 6. I have a fiance that help work on my cars, loves the outdoors, can outshoot about any man I know and is even going elk hunting with me this fall. I am one of those people that will go to a range and shoot thousands of rounds and will even shoot a. 22lr out past 200 yards regularly and accurately. I have basically become the family gunsmith which can be fun.

Out in our area most people are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Most of us are a bit more prepared if there was any sort of event than those on the west side of our state. I am currently puttting together supplies for us and prepping as best as we can (including kicking my butt into shape). Most people in my immediate area including ourselves have gardens in our yard to help out.

Anyway I hope to learn alot here and would be interested in meeting people from the area.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it is beautiful out here and we range from coast range to rain forests to high plains deserts so depending on what you like we more than likely have it.

·
Veteran
1,483 Posts
Welcome, Yes it is beautiful in the northwest, but I still love the high Rockies.

I am new also, you will find this site very informative. The folks on here are very helpful.

R

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greetings from Portland. Have been thinking about moving to eastern Oregon for a while.
If you decide to come visit out here let me know I would be happy to show you around. Its a nice area for sure. I have open carried my .45 and no one looked at me twice. We have a great local gun club with a nice range. Most of the population hunts, fishes and are generally outdoorsy. There is not much riff raff and things are much more laid back than out your way.

Another thing I like is people help each other out. Today I bought a raffle ticket for an old fullsize blazer that was an old police mountain rig. It has been put up for raffle to help out with the bills for a kid that was in an accident and paralyzed back in July. I also always have neighbors bringing over veggies from their gardens and what have you. Last summer I saw my neighbors house on fire and ran over to let them know and start putting it out. Got her and her 3 little kids out and ran to the side of the house to start on the fire. Got it out before the fire department got out there. We watch out for each other around these parts.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Hello and welcome from Louisiana.

Al

Reactions: SSGNasty
1 - 20 of 21 Posts