Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site while looking for info in regards to long term food storage. I've spent a few days doing searches, looking over old threads and there is obviously a lot of knowledge here. I have a wife and a 20 month old daughter. My daughter has special needs and that is huge factor in my prepardness plan. I look forward to learning all I can here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Goose. There is an almost overwhelming amount of info here. I'm quite impressed with the sheer amount of daily posts.

A little bit more about myself.

I have a basic understanding of survival principles. I was a wildland firefighter for 2 years in NM in strictly Wildnerness areas so I have a good understanding of how to live out of a pack for a couple weeks. (Although my current preparedness plan is more likely a "Bug In" scenario) I enjoy hunting both with firearms and with traditional/primitve archery equipment. I'm always trying to increase my skill sets. I'm a reasonably skilled wood bowyer and fletcher. My other hobbies include training mondioring and schutzhund with my malinois. And I'm kind of a herp nut. I keep and breed handful of species of reptiles.

Here are some pics of an elm static recurve I built this spring. It is 55# @28".

·
Www.preparedham.com
1,829 Posts
ND welcome from Tempe. If you built that bow, DUDE you do great work!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have an old Fred Bear Kodak Hunter that has not been strung since the late 70's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Armordude,

Yep I built it. I've built about 2 dozen bows in the last 3 years.

Looks like there are a lot of AZ folks on here.

Here are some more bows I've made

Bamboo backed Osage Orange reflex/deflex with gopher snake skins

A bamboo backed Ipe reflex/deflex that I made for a friend. This bow won Bow of the month in Primitive Archer Magazine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And a few more shots and some arrows I made....

Hickory backed maple flat bow with Diamondback rattlesnakes

Tonkin Cane arrows, self nocks, silk thread wraps, natural turkey feathers and longnose snake skin crestings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts