Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 10/22 ruger rifle. seems like a nice .22 and comes recommended. Anyone else have one?

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Pretty much everyone either has one or is getting one I think. Some are like me and have a couple. For the money they are hard to beat.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I just picked up a 10/22 ruger rifle. seems like a nice .22 and comes recommended. Anyone else have one?
Yea about 5 million made since 1964 . So there could be a few on this board ..............:rolleyes:

I bought my first one for 65 bucks in 74 .

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea about 5 million made since 1964 . So there could be a few on this board ..............:rolleyes:

I bought my first one for 65 bucks in 74 .
I paid 200.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Which model ???

What ever you do dont use the Leupold scope base . You should have gotten one in the box .........

Dont go big on the scope , keep it simple a nice 4 or 6 power will serve you best . Zero it at 50 yards and buy LOTS of ammo . BUT first go and buy 1 50 rd box of every brand you can find , dont bother with the target rounds . Find the one that shoots best and buy a couple 5000 rd cases .

One of the best mods you can do is get a extended mag release , its easy to install your self . Then mod the bolt release or buy one , I can tell you how to mod it , just need a file or dremel tool .

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which model ???

What ever you do dont use the Leupold scope base . You should have gotten one in the box .........

Dont go big on the scope , keep it simple a nice 4 or 6 power will serve you best . Zero it at 50 yards and buy LOTS of ammo . BUT first go and buy 1 50 rd box of every brand you can find , dont bother with the target rounds . Find the one that shoots best and buy a couple 5000 rd cases .

One of the best mods you can do is get a extended mag release , its easy to install your self . Then mod the bolt release or buy one , I can tell you how to mod it , just need a file or dremel tool .
It's the Carbine model. I didn't get a scope yet, and there is a base in the bag. I do want to get some extra magazines for it.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I have 2 of the 1022's. they are a great little gun. Ruger may still make their bolt action 22 as well. Also a nice piece. Agree on the butler creek. Also lite weight. I have one in stainless and one blue.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
If you go for hi-cap magazines, I recommend Butler Creek "Steel Lips". Stay away from the 50 round drum.
Yup , 100% all the way . :thumb:

Here's mine .........

Tactical Solutions barrel .920
Volqursten trigger group
Houge stock
Lupey 6x

weights about 3 pounds .

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the the one in the middle
cool sites

·
Registered
6 Posts
10/22s rock

When my buddies and I go out shooting we have our fancier tactical or big boom guns but the 10/22 usually comes out last and gets to eat the most amount of rounds. As far as guns go I don't think that there is a bigger bang for the buck than the 10/22.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
FXJOHN is a poser people. His last post about "his" weapons showed his ignorance about guns. He doesn't own any. He came to this site to stir up dissention. Nothing else. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
FXJOHN is a poser people. His last post about "his" weapons showed his ignorance about guns. He doesn't own any. He came to this site to stir up dissention. Nothing else. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.
At the moment your the one stirring up the ****.

Anyways, 10/22 cant beat it. :thumb:

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Agreed. +2;)

Reactions: Leif the Lucky

·
Apathetic Protagonist
70 Posts
I got a 10/22 a couple of weeks ago as well - it's a very fun little gun. I can shoot all day for about $20. I personally prefer shooting with iron sights just because I've had nothing but bad luck with scopes - and it's good, cheap practice for my grandfather's 30-30 (also scopeless), which hasn't taken a deer in probably 40 years. A problem that I would like to remedy very soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts