Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Got a 1022 yesterday as a Birthday present from my Fiance. It's the carbine model with the synthetic stock. I haven't got to shoot it yet it'll be a few days before I get to the range. It's main function is gonna be cheap practice for me and her so we can improve our shooting overall. I have a cheap Red Dot to put on it but I think it'll be just irons for awhile.

Also in the news, lol, I took a few friends to the range the other day. One of them just retired from my school and had never shot before. He heard us talking about going and was interested from a home defense standpoint. I love taking people who have never shot before! He had an awesome time. Fired my Rem 700 in .223 and my 12 gauge. He loved the 223, not so much the shotgun lol. His plan at the moment is to pick up a .22 to start shooting and get used to being around firearms while applying for his pistol permit.

Finally, I was at my "home" range upstate doin some shooting with my Dad and shot the best groups of my life. I was messing with the zero a bit, that's why a few shots are covered with the paster. The first group on the left is three shots of Fiocchi 55gr FMJ and measures .484 according to a free OnTarget program I found online. The group in the middle is six shots, three 55 gr and three 62 gr. I wanted to see what the different bullet weight did to the POI. Didn't really change much lol. It measures .506. That's from a bench with a bi-pod and a rear bag. It's scary to think that if I shoot that well with it's probably capable of better!

Thanks for reading!

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
indeed nice groups , what is the distance you shot from ??

i wish you to enjoy this gun , it is really a workhorse that can be modified to all your needs, as it have a huge aftermarket parts choice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The groups were shot from 100 yards. I attribute there size to the arrow more than the Indian lol.

Ryan

·
Registered
313 Posts
The groups were shot from 100 yards. I attribute there size to the arrow more than the Indian lol.

Ryan
if its your first test with this rifle its still pretty good . marksmanship skills dont depend on the kind of weapon you are using. you shot that with your red dot or it was still with the irons sights on ??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those groups were shot with a rem 700 SPS tactical in .223, with a cheap Bushnell Banner 3-9x scope. I've had it for about 3 months, only about 175 rounds through it so far and I can't get over how nice it shoots.

What I meant about marksman ship skills was that I think the rifle makes me look better than I am!! Lol

I haven't had a chance to shoot the 1022 yet. Those would be pretty awesome groups if they were the .22 at 100yds with irons! Hopefully I'll make it out in the next few days, it's hard to shoot here because I need to travel about an hour to get to the range.

Do you have a 1022? How do you like it?

Ryan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Those groups were shot with a rem 700 SPS tactical in .223, with a cheap Bushnell Banner 3-9x scope. I've had it for about 3 months, only about 175 rounds through it so far and I can't get over how nice it shoots.

What I meant about marksman ship skills was that I think the rifle makes me look better than I am!! Lol

I haven't had a chance to shoot the 1022 yet. Those would be pretty awesome groups if they were the .22 at 100yds with irons! Hopefully I'll make it out in the next few days, it's hard to shoot here because I need to travel about an hour to get to the range.

Do you have a 1022? How do you like it?

Ryan
oh you shot that with a rem 700 ... groups like that are really too awesome for a 1022 with irons.

now about your question : altough i really love israel , unfortunately here owning gun is a privilege given to very few people. my experience with guns is limited to some time spended with my family in the US and canada , and the experience of my family/friends in the army (there is a strong tradition in my israeli family to go to elite units , like my cousin who is now 1900yds+ sniper, he is one of the most experienced sniper in his unit , equipped wih .50 BMG rifles) im enlisting in the IDF in one year, so i will "own" a full auto M4 , and maybe a handgun for 3 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts