Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had nothing to do today so I decieded to stop by the local gun shop..... I just happened to find a used 21 so I bought it! I am excited shot one a couple of months ago and I fell in love with it, I cannot wait to get it on the range.... Darn waiting period! I will let ya'all know howit shoots when I pick it up!

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Congrat's on the buy...
Post a few photos once you get it...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Grats on the glock. Absolutely love glocks for what they are. I use a 23 for concealed carry. I got this gun shortly before I took my CHL class several years ago and had never shot it. I shot a perfect 300 with it during my class. Amazing gun and more accurate in .40cal than people may think.
Several years later I've fired probably over 10,000 rounds through it at the range and I have still never had even 1 single FTF of any type. I've shot good ammo, horrible ammo and everything in between. It even loves high dollar hollow points.
Glocks are an investment these days and once you own it, there's absolutely no reason to EVER get rid of it.

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,739 Posts
Glock .45

..keep us posted,I'm still hangin' with my 1911s,but thinkin' about the new smaller .45 Glock.Interesting gun.;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats, I've got a Glock 19 and like it but it's not my favorite gun. Check youtube, there are plenty of videos for completely breaking down glocks.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Grats! I've had a G21 since 1993, and the only failures were my fault. Nice to have big hands eh? If you find the grip large, try griptape for $8. Now get the g.i. universal holster and a Serpa level II.

·
Slayer of Sacred Cows
588 Posts
Great choice I know people who love the 21's

..keep us posted,I'm still hangin' with my 1911s,but thinkin' about the new smaller .45 Glock.Interesting gun.;)
You mean the 30SF? I have one on layaway and in maybe a month and a half at the most I'll have it out for a range test.

Or, the 36 or one of the .45GAP ones?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
You're going to love how good it shoots. The hotter the ammo, the better it does. The one I used to have loved Rem 185+P JHP at 1150 fps. An excellent handgun. Keep the chamber clean and use good ammunition only.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You're going to love how good it shoots. The hotter the ammo, the better it does. The one I used to have loved Rem 185+P JHP at 1150 fps. An excellent handgun. Keep the chamber clean and use good ammunition only.

Make sure its a Gen 3 Glock and dont go feeding it +P ammo. Glocks are not designed for +P ammo. The Glock's chamber is not fully supported and putting +P ammo through them can result in blown out case heads and damage to the gun and/or the operator. The Gen 3s are great guns but stay away from +P stuff. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Make sure its a Gen 3 Glock and dont go feeding it +P ammo. Glocks are not designed for +P ammo. The Glock's chamber is not fully supported and putting +P ammo through them can result in blown out case heads and damage to the gun and/or the operator. The Gen 3s are great guns but stay away from +P stuff. :thumb:
Many PD's using Glock 21's have been using +P ammo in them from the start, namely Speer Gold Dot, Cor Bon, HST, and the old Federal Tactical. While I am sure there have been problems, and I have personally witnessed a couple 40's let go, it has nothing to do with quality ammunition. 45 ACP ball is only 17,000 psi. +P ammo raises the bar to 21,000 psi, which is still well below 9mm and less than half of 10mm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Many PD's using Glock 21's have been using +P ammo in them from the start, namely Speer Gold Dot, Cor Bon, HST, and the old Federal Tactical. While I am sure there have been problems, and I have personally witnessed a couple 40's let go, it has nothing to do with quality ammunition. 45 ACP ball is only 17,000 psi. +P ammo raises the bar to 21,000 psi, which is still well below 9mm and less than half of 10mm.
You might be spot on with your stats, but I would hate to hear about it happening to a cop during a firefight and end up holding one perfectly useless gun because they thought their Glock was safe with +P ammo. Its not. Period. And Im not the one who thinks using +P ammo in Glocks is unsafe, Glock is.

Nobody ever seems to want to hear ANYTHING about Glocks other than Glocks are the PERFECT gun and simply dont fail. But the truth is they do fail, just like any other gun and are more susceptible to malfunctions with limp wristing than other guns in the same category. That, combined with the +P issue makes the Glock inferior to other available options, IMO. But it still is in my top 10 guns of choice. I dont limp wrist and Im aware of its limitations.

I just want people to be safe with their firearm of choice, whatever that may be.:thumb:

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. The G21 is a very large weapon and if my hands were any smaller then it wouldn't be a good option for me.

I bought a used Glock Model 21 around 1999 or so at the gun range. The guy put at least a couple hundred rounds while I was there and then I asked him about it and ended up buying it from him.

It has never failed to fire and it is spot on when firing at targets. It is my primary house defense weapon.

I do like my Springfield 1911's though and normally use them for carry weapons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts