Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

My name is James and I live in Rhode Island presently. I grew up in the Berkshires of Massachusetts and also lived in Maine for a couple years. Have had the survivalist mentality for as long as I can remember. Have always liked the outdoors and being outdoors. Now have a family and am starting to get more into the mentality of self reliance in this present economy and world as it has come to be. The wife and I have started establishing gardens and I am clearing our property for two reasons - 1. firewood (fell and splitting trees myself) and 2. we are going to replant with fruit and nut trees and blueberry bushes. I have been involved with archery since the age of 7 and just started getting into bowhunting. Also have been involved with firearms since my days of Boy Scouts ( I'm an Eagle Scout) and my neighbor/scout leader is ret, lt./col MA National Guard so he was very strict in his teaching us about handling and firearms safety. I also grew up canoeing and kayaking, winter camping, snowshoeing, skiing (downhill and cross country) hiking along the Appalachian Trial through CT, MA, VT. Fishing now both salt and sweet water (Rhode Island provides great opportunities for both). Anyways that is enough for now. This is a great site thanks to all who have put this together and I hope to learn a lot more and maybe provide somethings that I have learned in my adventures.

James

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! I used to live in Bristol RI. I kinda miss the place but not the politics. Glad to see another Eagle Scout. Congrats1

This is a nice place with good people. Come sit a spell.

CJ

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Nevada, Republic of Texas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the welcome, still navigating through. Lots to read and absorb. Great site.

James

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Welcome, from eastern Canada. It is funny how expressions from one are of the world mean something so different to some people in other areas...if my spouse called me "the wife" he'd be in the doghouse for a couple of days...lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grandma,
Nope the expressions pretty much mean the same, was meant to be written, "my wife" quick typing. Would probably get me a talking to. She is the most important person in my life (also the kids).

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome form NC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts