Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downloads: A new file has been added by sksdoc:

Emergency Water Treatment & Sanitation Handouts.rar

Where would you get water if none came out of your tap? Most people take good water for granted, but if an emergency disrupts your normal drinking water supply you may to have to find your own. If you drink unsafe water you will soon be spending most of your time and energy treating sick people, including yourself. Water from ponds, lakes, streams, rainwater runoff from roofs, dirty snow, wells that have been flooded or damaged or municipal (city) water systems that have been damaged or polluted MUST be treated to make the water safe to drink.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I keep 2 weeks of bottled water at all times. I have containers that I can use to store between 50 and 60 gallons more. Anytime a situation comes up that may start SHTF I fill these jugs. I do not keep them full because stored water does turn bad when stored for too long.

I also have a rain barrel that will catch runoff from my roof. I do have a water treatment filter that I can use to treat water, and I will treat this if used for drinking and cooking. If I am using it for bathing, I am not worried about treating it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts