Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
im REALLY close to pulling the trigger and getting a falcon II - just wondering if another maxpedition pack is better?

$ isnt the issue - just weighing options/watching youtube vids

Falcon II is just sitting at the top of my list I think and Im trying to find a reason why I shouldnt get it

you love it so far?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I absolutely love it. I was fortunate to have a store local to me that carries Maxpedition and 5.11 gear so I got to mess with them. I was surprised by the size of it. It is just right at least for me for EDC. I already ordered 2 single magazine pouches for a spare magazine and for a Leatherman Wave, a mini Rolly Poly, a set of Grimlocks, and a 5" cell phone pouch.

I also modded it by adding a external frame to it which allows air to get between your back and the pack and which will aid in comfort for when I use it for hiking and carry a 3L bladder.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
i dont have a store that carries maxpedition to mess around with, just the 5.11 gear - and im not impressed with their stuff

im gonna go for it and grab a falcon II today

I already got a Monsoon gearslinger for edc outings with the little ones - have a few add on packs pouches for it - great gear from maxpedition for sure

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you order it from LA Police Gear you will get a free Maxpedition wallet, a Maxpedition Pocket Reference, and free shipping.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have 2 Maxpedition Falcon II's. 1 black and 1 Khaki. Perfect size bag for EDC or day hikes. It's my favorite bag so far.

·
Registered
122 Posts
what made you decide to go with that falcon II compared to the pygmy falcon II? in the market for a maxpedition pack for edc too, going to start biking to work so i need something and my osprey pack is a little big i think.

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
im REALLY close to pulling the trigger and getting a falcon II - just wondering if another maxpedition pack is better?
I think I like the Condor II just as much as the Falcon II.

The falcon II seems to be a little longer then the Condor II, but the condor II seems fatter.

My son has the Falcon II, and he really likes it.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
kev i have watched your vid 100 times already! makes it even harder to choose! i dont think i could make a bad decision here - falcon II it will be - condor and vulture down the road im sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts