Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am so happy I found this site. I have MANY questions regarding preparing for the bad times to come, and do not know where to start and hope I can find the help I need here and I hope I can help others as I begin the learn. I have a friend who has been trying to tell me for years to stock up on food so that I am prepared when the day comes when there will be little food in the grocery stores, however, I kept dragging my feet and only stored small amounts of canned goods and rice, but I'm not sure that I've stored my rice properly, which is why I am here, to learn. Thank you in advance for all of your help and guidance, and wealth of knowledge. I look forward to chatting with everyone! LLB

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of info here. Just use the search feature above to look for anything in past posts.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
hi welcome to store grains you should freeze them for at lease 3 days to kill bugs

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Welcome aboard - make yourself at home.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our world. Hope you find it to be a good place. Now is time to be here and get started. Look forward to seeing you in the posts. If you really need help let people know that. One of the things you face is frustration. YOu will want to get everything done today and that is not possible. WOrk on the first 72 hours of preperation. Get food to get you and your family through the first 72 hours. Think of your home as a place with no power, no sewer, no water system. Do you have a manual can opener? Do you have lamps, candles, flashlights, lighters, matches, tools that do not require power, sleeping bags or blankets, Water, Water, Water? These are just a few things. Really sit down and go through the posts and look for guidance. See what you need in the way of kits. Find out what all the letters like BOB (Bub out Bag) mean. start to make a plan. read all you can. Knowledge is your greatest strength. Rumors can be your greatest enemy.

Get yourself and your family prepared now and you can usher fear out the door. Look for the good people here and they will help you. Take care and GOD Bless.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Start on the basics like Grinnan said. Sleeping bag, food, water, multi fuel stove, medical stuff, etc. Then work on a bug out bag and securing your home. Once you are done, work on increasing things. Always try to read and learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts