1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Some White Guy
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Μολὼν λάβ
266 Posts
I wear Danners to work, around the stations, EMS calls, fight brush and urban interface type fires in them, love them. Best thing is that they can be re-soled and reworked so you dont have to buy new bootd evry year or so.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I like Danners.:thumb: Are these made in USA?

I am getting these for my b-day. Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by 125 folks at LL Bean. Best guarantee...period in the business. The only bad thing I see is they are imported.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/14774?from=SR&feat=sr
Those are close to the Danner Mountain Light. Get the Danners. It's worth the extra money. LL Bean doesn't make much. They contract most of it out to 3rd world. Danner is Made in USA.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
You are correct. I do want some Danners also. Lately, I have been on a huge made in USA when I find it. I mostly like that fact that the LL Bean boots get great reviews and have a lifetime warranty, which Danner does not.

·
Simmer down now
1,711 Posts
Re: Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather

I like Danners.:thumb: Are these made in USA?

I am getting these for my b-day. Rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by 125 folks at LL Bean. Best guarantee...period in the business. The only bad thing I see is they are imported.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/14774?from=SR&feat=sr
Danner's are excellent boots, no question.

The Cresta hikers from Leon Leonwood Bean have been my go-to boots for several years. Although they are gore-tex, I don't find them to be hot in the summer at all. In my opinion, it's all about the socks.

I have a brand new pair still in their box that I bought a little over a year ago. I'm now realizing it may be several more years before I need them as my current pair are not even close to wearing out.

True, they are imported, but they are made in Italy. The Italians are great book makers.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather

Came in the mail today. They feel lighter than many of my Army Gor-tex boots. They will need to be broken in a bit. They fit well and have a quality feel.

Handcrafted by Expert Bootmakers
Made in Romania:)

Anything but China is OK with me.

·
Simmer down now
1,711 Posts
are you sure they are that awsome? or is it because they cost $175 your brain makes you think they must be awsome.
If you are referring to the LL Bean boots, yes they are that awesome. The price doesn't matter. The boots fit well, wear very well, and have a gore-tex lining. I figure any pair of boots that last several years are awesome at any price.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
if any BOOT lasts several years, you arent very active. i've had the uber expensive boots, if i use them, they dont last any longer than $50 boots. and who cares if they can be re-soled if the rest of the boot is scrap?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have four Army Gore-Tex pairs of boots (all different brands) from the Army that still fit years later. My Army Afghan boots are still OK, not great but OK even after 16 months in the field. I tend to not destroy them just use them. Fact, I try to take care of all my equipment. $175 is a going rate for most Gore-Tex boots of major brands that I have (Army or Civilian). I like Danner, but LL Bean stands behind their boots better.

·
Simmer down now
1,711 Posts
if any BOOT lasts several years, you arent very active. i've had the uber expensive boots, if i use them, they dont last any longer than $50 boots. and who cares if they can be re-soled if the rest of the boot is scrap?
Well apparently I'm not very active. Thank you for letting me know that, although I think my family and hiking buddies would disagree, but you obviously know better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.