Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I recently bought one of these. It's a sharpened pry bar...awesome. I had the chance to compare it to the older one. The weight felt the same to me.

·
Registered
906 Posts
According to the specs it wieghts the same as the old one, so what new about this knife.
Old style: end edge of the handle steel matches and is shaped like the handle.
New stle: part of the steel protrudes from the handle to make a "hammer" the thickness of the handle steel. Could be used for blunt self defense but a blow to the skull could be lethal; good glass breaker in an emergency.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I really, really, really like that pommel on the new BK2. I want to thank them for giving me a reason to buy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnotha'!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been on the fence about buying this knife for a long time now.

I like the new improved pommel design. I hate the handle material. I have not held one, but i am really concerned that it would be rather slippery when the hand is sweaty, or in wet conditions. I have looked into getting micarta replacements, but they run $40+ and have spotty fit at best. At that combined price, I keep thinking that saving a bit more and getting an Esee-5 would be a better investment.

I'll have to get to a store and fondle the new model before deciding.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I have been on the fence about buying this knife for a long time now.

I like the new improved pommel design. I hate the handle material. I have not held one, but i am really concerned that it would be rather slippery when the hand is sweaty, or in wet conditions. I have looked into getting micarta replacements, but they run $40+ and have spotty fit at best. At that combined price, I keep thinking that saving a bit more and getting an Esee-5 would be a better investment.

I'll have to get to a store and fondle the new model before deciding.
60 grit sandpaper and maybe some dimples make it right. If I did the dimples again they would be only parallel to the blade. The sandpaper should be enough.
BK7 edit.jpg

·
Svensk hamster
3,088 Posts
btw, I made my bk2 razor sharp yesterday, just to see if I could do that with such a thick blade. Tried it on my leg-hair and it shaved off the hairs without problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts