Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I think I may have to pick one up! It really is about time manufacturers start using grip safeties instead of manual and/or trigger safeties. It's just so much more intuitive.

Glad I read about it today, as I was trying to decide between the Kahr MK9 and the Beretta Nano. Now I'll have to consider this one as well.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may have to pick one up! It really is about time manufacturers start using grip safeties instead of manual and/or trigger safeties. It's just so much more intuitive.

Glad I read about it today, as I was trying to decide between the Kahr MK9 and the Beretta Nano. Now I'll have to consider this one as well.
those nanos are pretty sweet , taught my sister how to shoot, on hers

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was debating between the XD-S and M&P Shield for my 2014 firearm purchase.

Then I saw this.

I'm currently looking forward to it. I think the R-51 will be it for me.
love my xds 45 , would not part with it for nothing , recall and all I still love it

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
How's the post-recall trigger? Everywhere I've found online shows it to be a pretty ugly trigger.

Of the 3 (Shield, XD-S, R-51), the R-51 looks like it'll have the best trigger.
The R-51 looks like it will be the best. My XDs is post recall, and it isn't a "horrible" trigger, but it isn't great either. The Shield is a much more comfortable gun, to me, but alas they don't have one in .45acp. :xeye:

·
aint afraid of no ghost
2,388 Posts
Great I will have to snatch one up. If the build quality is anywhere near Remingtons 1911 then this should be a great pistol.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How's the post-recall trigger? Everywhere I've found online shows it to be a pretty ugly trigger.

Of the 3 (Shield, XD-S, R-51), the R-51 looks like it'll have the best trigger.
custom trigger job on mine so cant really say :D:

but if you read on the xds forum it goes both ways, some dident notice a difference and some hate the new trigger.

I think every owner gona tell you a different story

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Insert Name Here
1,800 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool and it might be good to have a new design. I am curious about slide bite with those with larger hands. This is the whole reason I got rid of my Kimber Solo as it was next to impossible not to get slide bite. Large hands and small beaver tails don't mix plus the Remington is a really high ride so your hand is extremely close to the slide. Definitely be interested if this isn't a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone seen the pps43 pistol kits? I am getting The parts together to convert it into 9 mm carbine rifle.go to weapons guild for tutorials

·
Registered
596 Posts
Pretty neat looking. It's an updated reissue of the old Remington Model 51 from 1917 and designed by none other than John Pedersen (also designed the Pedersen Device that turned an M1903 rifle into a submachine gun). I'm really looking forward to seeing one of these in person.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts