Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have a eaa witness in a 10 heard anything about them good or bad
i can pick one up cheap and it feels good but iv never heard anything about them thanks:thumb:

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the round and i reload so its not that its just this eaa seams to be a good deal but iv never heard of them...the fit and finish seam alright if not great

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
EAA has the worst possible customer service attitude and the 10mm they built was their worst gun ever. I have yet to see one that works very well and they sold a lot of them up here initially. Nobody carries them around here anymore because of their quality control. It's basically a CZ design and everyone who has tried to beef it up to take a bigger bullet has failed miserably. Look at what happened to the Bren 10.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ive owned several witnesses over the years and all functioned perfectly. the full size 45 in wonder finish was one of my all time favorites to shoot. then i bought the full size 10mm and it was terrible. it wouldnt shoot a full magazine of anything. jam, jam, jam. polished feed ramp, swapped mags, cleaned and cleaned again. nothing worked. then i ran across a post over at a 10mm forum and they were discussing swapping the recoil springs out for wolf extra's and everything was fine. same rounds. same mags. now everything went boom. soo- - keep an open mind when buying.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I've had great luck with EAA customer service, had a 9mm that was a blowback gun, the barrel wouldn't go into lockup properly. When it came back (two weeks), it had been completely gone through, had a target barrel and a new slide and was a pure shooter.

The .45's and 10mm's suffer from weak recoil and magazine springs, big deal, springs are cheap. I upgrade all of my 1911's and Glocks before firing so swapping the EAA's out means little. Could they use a help in some places? Yup but so does most guns at that price level, and the Witness less than most.

I recommended the EAA .45 full-size for a friend recently, he got the wonder finish gun and what a beast it was. A little trigger massaging, a quick polish on the barrel throat and a proper lube job and we went out and shot the snot out of it.

Picture this, a 65 y.o. who's never owned a handgun before out shooting soda cans at 30 yards the first time out. I just had to show him that it could be done first and give him some quick lessons. My only real complaint? It had a bunch of sharp edges and would need it's fangs removed before I could carry it concealed.

Two of the other hunters I hunt with also pack Witness full size .45's (earlier models) and they've been excellent.

I've had a number of them and am considering a couple more in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
EAA has the worst possible customer service attitude and the 10mm they built was their worst gun ever. I have yet to see one that works very well and they sold a lot of them up here initially. Nobody carries them around here anymore because of their quality control. It's basically a CZ design and everyone who has tried to beef it up to take a bigger bullet has failed miserably. Look at what happened to the Bren 10.
I think there was more than design issues that killed off the Bren.

Bren's magazine dies were sold when the mag maker went bankrupt making it almost impossible to get mags, adding "features" such as the firing pin block safety that would break, selling guns without mags, taking orders for guns that hadn't been made yet.

It was more than just upscaling the CZ that killed the Bren off.

The CZ-97 runs great as long as SWC bullets are not used, it doesn't like to feed them. It's built like a tank and is a very good piece, I'd like to see a 10mm version of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a EAA 10mm I bought if off a buddy who needed the cash. My biggest probelm was it jammed on me ALL the time. I tried different ammo - no luck. I found a Guy that handloads near me and I bought a couple boxes from him that functioned better in the gun. I don't know what was different with his handloads- maybe just luck.(I know nothing about handloading- yet) I tried different mags - no luck. I got it cheap which is good infact its been laying in the safe for quite awhile now. Wanna buy it?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think there was more than design issues that killed off the Bren.

Bren's magazine dies were sold when the mag maker went bankrupt making it almost impossible to get mags, adding "features" such as the firing pin block safety that would break, selling guns without mags, taking orders for guns that hadn't been made yet.

It was more than just upscaling the CZ that killed the Bren off.

The CZ-97 runs great as long as SWC bullets are not used, it doesn't like to feed them. It's built like a tank and is a very good piece, I'd like to see a 10mm version of it.
It's still gone and subsequent attempts by multiple other companies have failed, even when employing the originals designers to trouble shoot. Flawed design. The 10mm cartridge deserves a purpose built platform some day.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
It's still gone and subsequent attempts by multiple other companies have failed, even when employing the originals designers to trouble shoot. Flawed design. The 10mm cartridge deserves a purpose built platform some day.
I think the Glock 20 and 29 fit that bill.
Same goes for the Colt Delta.

And with Vltor making headway on bringing a revised Bren X back, I'm just waiting for the production run.

·
Semper Fi
2,808 Posts
I have a EAA 10mm I bought if off a buddy who needed the cash. My biggest probelm was it jammed on me ALL the time. I tried different ammo - no luck. I found a Guy that handloads near me and I bought a couple boxes from him that functioned better in the gun. I don't know what was different with his handloads- maybe just luck.(I know nothing about handloading- yet) I tried different mags - no luck. I got it cheap which is good infact its been laying in the safe for quite awhile now. Wanna buy it?
Sounds like limp wristing... 10mm is potent. And its not a revolver, dont 'rock with the recoil.' 10mm was the FBI round after 9mm failed- but too potent for skirts 'n sissies- so went to 40 s&w a shortened 10mm round.

For winter with heavy clothes and large dangerous predators- or where you have to punch through car doors, 10mm is great. The Glock 10mm has conversion barrel for shooting 40, too. Ammo is more available and cheaper...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts