Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Could someone post a link to the story? When I click on the OP"s link all I get is the homepage of MSN
Try this one:
Dutch cow farmers face tough climate choices

If that doesn't work, just stick "Dutch cow farmers" into the site search like I did.

Not an uncommon problem that someone's posted link goes to a news page where content changes often rather than to the specific article they are talking about.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
6,675 Posts
Then it might not hurt non-farmers so much then. It may end up helping cattle farmers in the US then, somebody is going to supply that demand.
Nearly all the Netherlands bovine exports are to the rest of the EU and Norway and the U.K. and they are the EU‘s largest meat exporter but I doubt the US would be competitive in the EU for most cuts especially given the steady and strong US domestic demand.
The agricultural lobby in the Netherlands is strong but every now and again they give way over environmental concerns especially if one sectors activities are becoming detrimental to the others.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Nearly all the Netherlands bovine exports are to the rest of the EU and Norway and the U.K. and they are the EU‘s largest meat exporter but I doubt the US would be competitive in the EU for most cuts especially given the steady and strong US domestic demand.
The agricultural lobby in the Netherlands is strong but every now and again they give way over environmental concerns especially if one sectors activities are becoming detrimental to the others.

If the Netherlands cuts exports though the demand in Europe won't go down unless the price rises significantly. If it drives the price up enough I think American farmers would sell to them, especially if feed prices and droughts keep putting pressure on their herds.

·
Banned
5,906 Posts
There is no reasoning with Karbonites and Nitrogenz.
The "climate change" alarmism is fabricated.
You can rip apart their whole argument by examining facts.
Fact #1 - outside the atmosphere, the sun's energy is 1300w/m2. At the Equator, at high noon, it's 1000w/m2. 30% is lost by radiation / reflection. So the atmosphere is COOLING the planet - not "trapping heat."
Fact #2 - the so-called "greenhouse gases" have a higher emissivity, cooling the planet even more.
Fact #3 - the peak temperature, 134F, has not been exceeded, despite "rising average temperatures." Yet there are record LOW temperatures.

Frankly, if they wanted to really cut down on fossil fuel consumption, they need only transition back to electric traction rail for 85% to 90% of all land transport. That would reduce consumption below domestic production levels from 15 years ago.
IN addition, if they implemented superinsulation in all buildings, that would cut energy consumption needed to maintain comfort levels.

·
Storyteller
4,311 Posts
There is no reasoning with Karbonites and Nitrogenz.
The "climate change" alarmism is fabricated.
You can rip apart their whole argument by examining facts.
Fact #1 - outside the atmosphere, the sun's energy is 1300w/m2. At the Equator, at high noon, it's 1000w/m2. 30% is lost by radiation / reflection. So the atmosphere is COOLING the planet - not "trapping heat."
Fact #2 - the so-called "greenhouse gases" have a higher emissivity, cooling the planet even more.
Fact #3 - the peak temperature, 134F, has not been exceeded, despite "rising average temperatures." Yet there are record LOW temperatures.

Frankly, if they wanted to really cut down on fossil fuel consumption, they need only transition back to electric traction rail for 85% to 90% of all land transport. That would reduce consumption below domestic production levels from 15 years ago.
IN addition, if they implemented superinsulation in all buildings, that would cut energy consumption needed to maintain comfort levels.
The Dutch and Germans lead the pack on super-insulated housing.

Not so much climate as high cost of energy...

·
Banned
5,906 Posts
The Dutch and Germans lead the pack on super-insulated housing.

Not so much climate as high cost of energy...
Bet they didn't surpass the Saskatchewan Conservation House... (LOL)
R48 walls, R60 ceiling. . .

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
"Karbonites "
May I use this going forward? Not only on point, but should be less a trigger word then "Greenie" or "Lunatic"
I think the term "carbon idiots" would be more accurate. It makes me smile anyway.

·
Banned
5,906 Posts
"Karbonites "
May I use this going forward? Not only on point, but should be less a trigger word then "Greenie" or "Lunatic"
Sure - have fun. You can also pronounce it as Kar-bone-ites (bone heads?).

Reactions: DKR

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
6,675 Posts
If the Netherlands cuts exports though the demand in Europe won't go down unless the price rises significantly. If it drives the price up enough I think American farmers would sell to them, especially if feed prices and droughts keep putting pressure on their herds.
The Netherlands is in the top 20 for US Beef exports already but since it’s the only EU nation to show up in the tables I am going to hazard a guess it’s mostly for re-export and it’s probably not the choice cuts. By the time the Netherlands rules actually take effect the global if not the US domestic beef market will be a completely different animal altogether when you consider EU beef consumption is declining and Asian consumption is rising.

·
I have control issues
6,766 Posts
The Great Reset folks “predict” that by 2030, “you will eat less meat”. These globalist clowns want to make real meat a rare treat, and force us into plant based “meat”. I fully expect to see more intrusive regulation worldwide on livestock operations limiting production and forcing many out of business. Ironically, I’ve been trying to position myself to start a small scale pork enterprise… perfect freaking timing. My hopes of raising livestock are becoming more of a prepper thing with just a few animals for my family, rather than a commercial venture.
That's what we're doing. A few head of cattle, a few pigs, some goats, turkeys, and chickens. Keeps up supplied with meat, dairy, and eggs.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
6,675 Posts
This all falls back to the UN agenda 21. read it, know it.
In this instance there has been a bit of back and forth within the Dutch agriculture sector and local communities on farm run off. Unlike Poland and Germany those Netherlands mega beef herds are confined to fairly small farms.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts