Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Right now I pay 14.99 a month for unlimited streaming and two dvd's at a time. I wonder how much my membership will rise. the article said rates will rise to 15.98/mo. Is that for 1 dvd I wonder?

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
I think I read something about how all the licensing fees were going up, so the price gets pushed to the customer.
So Hollywood demonized America, promotes a depression, and then wants to increase their royalties so they don't loose any money!

·
Silent Bob
2,343 Posts
I just checked my nexflix and come sept its going to be 23$ and some change for unlimited streaming and 3 movies at a time. What ticks me of is the fact that they are not sending out email to notify people of the change, even when you log in you have to dig to find out what the changes are going to be to your account.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,959 Posts
We have no cable in our township.

Since the FCC stopped all hi-power analog TV broadcast our township lost all TV reception.

Our option has now been to either buy a satellite dish [and pay it's monthly bill], or Netflix or Hulu.

We do Netflix and Hulu.

Though I notice that even here on SB-forums I am commonly out of the loop when folks are talking about TV.

It would be nice to see if they will be increasing the cost for 2 or 3 DVDs.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
i admit that netflix and hulu dont cover ALL the tv i like to watch but a few companies like History Channel and the like streak their series from their home website so its all good

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
More like 100% price increase.

I was paying $7.99/month for 1 DVD + unlimited streaming. They just sent me the email today notifying now I have to pay $15.98 if I want both.

Honestly I haven't received a DVD in over 6 months. The online streaming is good enough for me. If I want a DVD, I go to Redbox. I just switched to the streaming only plan.

·
Prepper
12 Posts
Your current period price is $27.99 plus any applicable tax.

The price of your Unlimited Streaming + 4 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited) plan will change to $29.98 (plus any applicable tax) a month starting with your next billing period on or after Sep 01, 2011.
Looks like a $1.99 jump for me, no email from them about it yet. Found this under account info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just switched my account to the 7.99 streaming only. Im not paying another 7.99 for one dvd at a time. I may watch two dvds a month so I'll just go to the redbox.

·
Purrpared
679 Posts
More like 100% price increase.

I was paying $7.99/month for 1 DVD + unlimited streaming. They just sent me the email today notifying now I have to pay $15.98 if I want both.

Honestly I haven't received a DVD in over 6 months. The online streaming is good enough for me. If I want a DVD, I go to Redbox. I just switched to the streaming only plan.

ROFL. That is exactly what my husband switched ours to when he heard this. When are these companies going to figure out that our incomes don't expand to fit their plans? And if they up the Redbox I am going to teach all my relatives to act and we'll make our own movies in front of the Webcam :)

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Just got my email........

I replied:
Thanks for raising the price 60%. Which brilliant CEO came up with that plan? Does he not know how to "slip it in a little at a time" instead of just "shoving it in balls deep" all at once? I hope he screws his wife with more style than he screws his customers! I'll be canceling everything thanks.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts