Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FOUND SEVERAL CASES OF NEO-LIFE NEST STORAGE #10 CANS AT MY PARENTS HOUSE. SEVERAL VARIETIES OF GOODS. NO CLEAR DATE IS ON THEM. THERE IS AN ABBREVIATION IMPRESSED INTO THE BOTTOM OF EACH CAN FROM THE INSIDE INDICATING WHAT IS IN THEM AND THERE IS ALSO A 5 DIGIT # SO IT MUST BE SOME TYPE OF JULIAN DATE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO READ THESE CODES?:confused::confused::confused:

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are two examples of the codes

1) 90321
2) 90316

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found two #'s on the boxs.
i will type them exactly as they are stamped on the boxs

1) 3/31/79
2) 041096

with the artwork on the cans is screaming 1970's, i'm leaning to 1979, but the cans are pristine. the rubber tops are perfect. no rust on the cans. the paper labels are perfect and not crumbling so perhaps they are 1996????but if you look at the two # that were on the bottom of the can it make sense to translate them as 9=79, 03=march, 21=21st day of the months. and the other would be 9=79,03=march, and 16 = 16th day, then they were boxed and shipped on the 31st as indicated by the box.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,529 Posts
Is the company still in business? You might could fire off an email and get an answer on what system they use. I wish the canneries would standardize a dating system so that we could all use it.

·
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really need to find out more on this company.
I took some pics but i'm on vacation and cant post till mid-week when i get back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.