Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
1) Just posting articles here is not what we do. Please tell us YOUR views on this topic and motivation for posting the articles.

2) As a Southerner I can tell you there is nothing "neo" about Confederate History Month. It's nothing new and the people supporting it aren't newcomers to it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Just posting articles here is not what we do. Please tell us YOUR views on this topic and motivation for posting the articles.
Yeah - that makes sense. I will refrain from 'silent' linking in the future.

That said - folks can probably guess that I agree witht he articles. I know there are a lot of people here that likely don't. I am simply curious what kind of counter-arguments will be generated.

·
Board Supporter
2,049 Posts
In the article, "States of Anarchy", I found the interesting sentence:

Although state governments had certain powers reserved to them, these did not include voiding laws duly enacted by the people’s representatives in Congress and by the president.

The problem with this kind of thinking is that the Federal Government can overstep the Constitution, which is VERY specific in what LIMITED powers the Federal Government is granted, and after directly contradicting The Constitution, tries to say that the States 10TH Amendment Rights don't apply. Half of what is being passed at the Federal Level is totally illegal according to The Constitution, which those worthless scoundrels swore an oath to preserve, so that leaves it up to the states to protect the people from laws that are Unconstitutional. If the Federal Government weren't overstepping their authority, none of this would be happening. There was a 95% majority who didn't want the stimulus bill passed, but they did it anyway. There was a 70-80% majority who didn't want the health care bill passed, but they did it anyway ... I could go on. It has stopped being the will of the people, and it is now the will of the politicians and the powers that be!

You have to understand that this isn't one big country that is broken down into smaller regions. This country and the Federal Government is made up of 50 Independent States, who came together and created a Federal Government. Now the Federal Government is trying to say that they are more powerful than the states that created it. That is not possible unless someone wrote a different Constitution than what I know about, and replaced the old one.

You have to read and interpret the Constitution and Bill of Rights in the context of how it was written, and by the intent of the writers. I believe this is best summarized by a portion of The Declaration Of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
too many dudes would be concerned with rein-acting it to learn anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.