Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for a new tent and really leaning towards the Nemo Losi 2P tent. I was wondering if anyonehas or ever used this or another nemo tent? A lil pricey but sounds kinda worth it all said and done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pepsi27- Pacifico is looking for a 2 man tent presumably for back packing.

I havent heard of this tent. But it does look pretty solid. I personally like the REI Half-Dome. But that is just me.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
The 4 season Nemo tents are a pure shot of badass. This Losi would still be very nice... but, that's pretty heavy for a 2 person if you're backpacking. Just depends on what you want it for.

If you want something very similar but significantly lighter and cheaper, consider Sierra Designs, such as a Vapor Light 2, LT Strike 2, or my favorite, the classic Clip Flashlight 2. The Clip Flashlight is 3 pounds 14 ounces vs. 5 pounds 8 ounces on the Nemo, it's the same interior room, and you could get one for less than half of that $340 Nemo. That's not to say it's cheaply made, it's very high quality. It's not freestanding (even though all it takes is 4 stakes to hold it up), but if you need that for some reason, just bump up to the Vapor Light 2 which is freestanding and has more headroom, and you only gain 1 ounce. I'm a dealer of those, PM me if you're interested.

http://www.sierradesigns.com/c-22-ultralight.aspx

·
Banned
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol that warmrlght tent is a lil too much for me. Lol I dont think Ill be camping on Mt Everest, anytime soon. A great tent but I dont need that much tent. I actually ended up getting the Nemo Losi 2p. Its won 7 different tent of the year reviews on websites and magazines. Its just wierd because Ive never heard of Nemo tents before. Plus I was able to get on o2gear.com for 258.00!!!! Its almost a hundred dollars cheaper than the average price! I hink this tent is gonna be perfect for me for the Sierras, when fishin season comes and when the snow melts up.

·
Banned
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh I just noticed your post, I wish I saw it before I bought the Losi. Yeah I wouldve been interesed in checking out the other one. Im gona hit my friend up on the other one and let you know. You sell those also? Good deal? My bud also needs a new tent (he only has a truck tent) But doesnt want to spend what I paid for my tent; but at the same time doesnt want some cheapie.

·
Banned
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 4 season Nemo tents are a pure shot of badass. This Losi would still be very nice... but, that's pretty heavy for a 2 person if you're backpacking. Just depends on what you want it for.

If you want something very similar but significantly lighter and cheaper, consider Sierra Designs, such as a Vapor Light 2, LT Strike 2, or my favorite, the classic Clip Flashlight 2. The Clip Flashlight is 3 pounds 14 ounces vs. 5 pounds 8 ounces on the Nemo, it's the same interior room, and you could get one for less than half of that $340 Nemo. That's not to say it's cheaply made, it's very high quality. It's not freestanding (even though all it takes is 4 stakes to hold it up), but if you need that for some reason, just bump up to the Vapor Light 2 which is freestanding and has more headroom, and you only gain 1 ounce. I'm a dealer of those, PM me if you're interested.

http://www.sierradesigns.com/c-22-ultralight.aspx
Ugh I just noticed your post, I wish I saw it before I bought the Losi. Yeah I wouldve been interesed in checking out the other one. Im gona hit my friend up on the other one and let you know. You sell those also? Good deal? My bud also needs a new tent (he only has a truck tent) But doesnt want to spend what I paid for my tent; but at the same time doesnt want some cheapie.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Which other one are you talking about, the Vapor Light? I'm about to make a big order so I can get anything from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a Nemo Losi 3P, and love it. It's the green one in the back. Does great in rain, wind, and most recently it has done well in hail. You won't regret the 2P, these are some of the finest tents on the market. Check REI/etc's reviews. It's a very sturdy tent. You can swap poles if it's too heavy. The extra weight brings you a very, very solid tent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.