Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm a new guy to your boards, my name's alan.
i wonder... do any of you have experience of using neem oil to control powdery mildew on squash/courgettes? i live in england, in a right wet part of the north and its gettin a hold of my plants.
i've found doctor bronners liquid soap very effective against aphids, by the way. helps to keep their numbers RIGHT down. i've been using my wifes peppermint one ha ha :) minty fresh :)

·
Actias Luna
4,228 Posts
i wonder... do any of you have experience of using neem oil to control powdery mildew on squash/courgettes? i live in england, in a right wet part of the north and its gettin a hold of my plants.
i've found doctor bronners liquid soap very effective against aphids, by the way. helps to keep their numbers RIGHT down. i've been using my wifes peppermint one ha ha :) minty fresh :)
Your garden must smell like heaven! :D: No one can truly know what you mean about minty fresh unless they've smelled that stuff.

·
Zomby Woof
14,263 Posts
I have used grapefruit seed extract to control mildew on the beams/rafters in my basement. It seems to work well, and the extract is a dietary supplement, so there shouldn't be any danger in that respect. I have never tried it on plants, so some testing is indicated.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have used neem in my greenhouse on lots of plants. Mainly for insect control.

The only problem i have had is on cabbage,broccoli. Their leaves will not tolerate it.

If you use it, make sure not to apply it in the hot part of the day.

I have not had any problems in the greenhouse with Powdery mildew , so i dont know how effective it is once it has shown up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
oooohhh yeah.... neem works great for powdery mildew. I think I mix something like 25 ml to a spray bottle (somewhere around 500 - 600 ml).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, neems oil works great on powdery mildew on squash, and knocks down most fungus on tomatoes and our berry bushes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts