Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
I have no idea what you'd stick in there that won't be in a front pocket survival tin. If you're thinking about putting in a few extra rounds there, that's a stupid idea in 8 different ways.

If you must, check out a choate stock. There's room in there to put things, but then you'll have to fabricate it, then how to access it, keep things from being damaged/let loose, etc.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=557730

I don't know if wasr's are any different, but I'm assuming it's the standard stamped receiver so this should fit.

A small Rambo figurine made out of pure gold.
....stuck in the official rambo survival/killah knife's handle.

·
bushmaster
129 Posts
water before food - if you must put something in there, put as much water purification as will fit. Tablets, those pen sterilizers, things like that. If there is room after that, then maybe a bit of line and hooks, but are those going to be usable where you will find yourself?

Instead of fishhooks I think I would rather add a button compass or maybe a needle and some good thread/light mono line and a magnet, some aspirin tablets, some sweet chew-able vitamins, honey sticks - all things that are low volume, high value

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
Instead of fishhooks I think I would rather add a button compass or maybe a needle and some good thread/light mono line and a magnet, some aspirin tablets, some sweet chew-able vitamins, honey sticks - all things that are low volume, high value
That's gonna be one big ### stock--which most AK aren't, nor do they have the best quality wood to begin with.

AKman,
Rule #1: Always have your survival kit with you, ON YOUR BODY. Get yourself a front pocket kit as you can lose your rifle, get it confiscated, etc.

Also, Is your AK ready to go, one mag in it and that's it? That's all you're gonna grab? If not, then you'll have other mags and mebbe ammo. In that same bag that the other mags/ammo are in, put in a small survival kit, not to be confused with the front pocket one. Girlfriend gets mad at you and kicks you out, on the way out, grab your AK and the bag next to it...you're good to go. :thumb:

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
boresnake, ammo, paracord, gun oil....:thumb:
The only one of those an AK uses is ammo.
But pointed centerfire round could be sort of hard to put into such a small stock.
OK....any stock.

So I suggest doing the ME thing and cutting off the stock, but put on a bipod.
People will wonder WTF you did such a thing, but as soon as one goes over and straps on two packs to each leg, they'll just know.

BTW, I disagree on the golden rambo. Should be a golden buddha. If it levitates after being pulled out, no one can beat that kinda mojo.....

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Them wily Communists already thought of a great thing to stuff in the butt-stock, it's called a "cleaning kit".:D:
Any tiny bit of other junk you might cram in there could easily just go in your pocket, or BOB.

·
You ARE what you IS!
Prepped enough is NEVER good enough!
6,198 Posts
I have a wasr 10 and I'm looking to build a small survival kit to stick in the end of the butt stock. What should I include? what should I contain it in?
There are so many variables there brother. Off the top of my head, I'd recommend for all intents of this reply, "the most immediate vital essentials to your weapon and then to yourself." I'd say what you put in there would be what it is you will need "in a pinch" if that makes any sense , but hoping it helps you out.

BTW, I am no authority whatsoever on the AK/SKS line weapons. I only know what thye look like, caliber, and I've fired them a few times.

Contact GOFO here on the forum as he seems to be one of the most knowledgeable with the AK/SKS rifles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.