Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
If you're living in a city, check out a book called "Ragnar's Urban Survival" by Ragnar Benson. This covers ALL survival aspects. I've read a lot of survival books......and nothing else comes close to this one. This is the one book I would not want to be without. His basic survival philosophy makes sense, and he covers all the bases. This guy has actual experience on the subject. He's not just writing about how he "thinks" things will be. He's lived thru it.....and, also, has interviewed survivors from war-torn areas of the world where society collapsed.

This is real nuts-and-bolts practical info you can use. He tells you which weapons are absolute necessities for defense....and what is not worth having. Extensive info on obtaining water and foods. What to store and how to store it. Alternative sources of energy. A very helpful section on trading and barter.....what to stockpile for barter and what won't be good for trading.....based on his own personal experience and that of others who lived thru civil war in other countries. And lots more.

Every aspect of survival you can think of is described in this book.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
My favorites::thumb:
Ragnars Urban Survival (Ragnar Benson)
Urban Survival Guide (Dave Morris)
Six Ways In and 12 Ways Out (George Jasper)
SAS Survival Handbook (John Wiseman)
Live Off the Land In City And Country (Ragnar Benson)
When All Hell Breaks Loose (Cody Lundin)
98.6 Degrees The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive (Cody Lundin)
U.S. Air Force Survival Manual
The Rural Ranger-A Suburban and Urban Survival Manual (Ron Foster)
Ditch Medicine (Hugh Coffee)

I keep the SAS Survival Handbook in my BOB.
I keep the others readily available and re-read them often.

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
Lofty Wiseman also did a book called Urban Survival - its a huge book.

Mick McManus also did a good Survival Handbook.

Anything by Ray Mears

You may wish to add a book that covers edible and poisonus books of your area.

PS: There is also Where there is no Dentist.

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've got to echo the SAS survival handbook. I have an older one with a yellow cover, but I'm guessing the pictures of the other ones are just updated versions with new covers and essentially identical. I read through it about once or twice a month to keep the info fresh in my mind. Reading through these books never gets old.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.