Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have prepped for a while, but my wife was never really into it, she wasn't against me, but I think she thought I was nuts, but seeing some of the natural disasters, and the way things are going she has actually turned around and is supporting me and trying to help now, when we go places she actually notices things on the shelves, and says " you know it wouldn't hurt to have some of the stocked up at home", gotta love her, she guys and gals, I am looking for a little support here in letting my wife know that she is doing the right thing, she doesn't know I have started this thread, but she usually reads on here with me every night, and I want to help her by showing her what others think, thanks for all the help!

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
Dear Mrs. Figment:

You're doing the right thing. :)

Love,
Allamakee

Reactions: Just a Figment

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Mrs Figment,

Have you ever seen the movie " bruce almighty"? remember when he is driving down the road begging for some signs? they are all around us. your doing the right thing.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dear Mrs. Figment,

I don't know if you have kids or not. I don't know if you have pets or not. But you obviously have a husband who loves you.

It's a really good idea to have extra in the house. If you look back at some of my other posts, you will see that my husband used to have a really good job. We used to have investment property. We used to have a 401K and a pension plan.

Our local economy crashed in a big way. It's not too good here right now, and we don't have the option to move. But, we started prepping before everything got really bad.

I don't have to worry about if my kids will eat. I don't have to worry about if my husband has enough soap or deoderant. I don't have to worry about my family having clothes to wear.

Right now, as long as we can make enough money each month to pay our mortgage, taxes and insurance, we get to stay in our house.

Prepping can mean peace of mind.

Welcome to our little community, and congrats on backing your husband.

:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Think of it as a long term "Insurance Policy"...difference is you can add to or take from your preps as you see fit..."Honey...we need more can goods for LTFS" (Long Term Food Storage)..."Honey...we need more ammo for your 9 mm beretta"...well you get the idea...:D:

Buy it now...while it's still somewhat cheap...:eek: Just a matter of time before food prices will get crazy stupid high in price...:eek:

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Okay OP--I read your post.

My advice is to shut up and let it flow.
When you buy stuff--always set aside something she'll like.

If you take her to a gun show for instance--stop at the silver jewelry booth and purchase her a bling.

Just keep your trap shut.
Teach her to fly fish. Teach her to protect herself with a double tap 9mm.
Build her a really nice raised bed garden.

Just don't become a preachy nut.

ST

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
I say KUDOS to both you and your wife for having the forethought and intelligence to realize things really aren't all sunshine and lolli pops in the world lol. Even if nothing ever happens she will be thrilled when she runs out of something and doesn't have to go farther than your "store" to get it. If anything does happen she will be happy and relieved that you are prepared. Good luck to both of you.

·
Hope to survive
440 Posts
Good for both of you! Things aren't going to get better fast, if ever. Stock up, prepare and your lives will be easier and you'll have more peace of mind. I was the slow one on our team and took awhile to see the reality. I'm glad I did. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts