Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some for sale local to me on FB, trying to figure out by the picture what this would run off of. Anyone familiar with this type of lamp know anything about it? Description on the listing was nada. You can see some kinda wick.

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
3,668 Posts
Looks like an alcohol lamp.

On second look, it appears to be either incomplete or a "remake" of something. Notice the "teeth" just below and encircling the wick, those are used to hold a glass chimney.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Looks like a kerosene / oil lamp to me, but probably wrong. Looks like it is the top part of the lamp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vtg-Black-...Carriage-Style-8-lamp-hong-kong-/174287416511

Black metal Latern Square Oil Lamp Carriage Style 8"

Produced in Hong Kong.

Also Apologies.. it seems that I have randomly logged into my old account....??? Not sure why.. I didn't actually log in it was done automatically. No clue

None the less

there are some online sales point selling the same lamp such as Ebay.

I just ran some powershell scripts that modified some windows services so maybe it has to do with that.

·
reluctant sinner
17,913 Posts
Alcohol doesn't make good light IMHO, I suspect lamp oil is good. Doesn't look like a good design to me, might be ok for a few bucks to use as loaner.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,881 Posts

·
Registered
21,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i ended up getting the pair for $3 so i guess even if they're just a backup of a backup there's not much harm done

Reactions: IceFire

·
Registered
636 Posts
You could always burn it with the "globe" off if there were not kids around and you were monitoring it.

Another option would be to cut a hole in the bottom of a pint or mason size jar to sit down on it. Sitting in the same place as the existing one. the top being open shoudl help it not to soot up I would think.

Sorta like a hurricane lamp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts