Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 1911s my wife also has one. I have a kimber ultra carry I will not get rid of because my carry gun and about as accurate as my full size. I also have a full size 1911 springfield loaded ss with adjustable sights and cocobala grips, its a buety. is thier a reason I should keep them both cant afford to shoot both of them trying to only practice with the carry and if shtf would I need both of them, should I sell the full size and buy more gear and etc... or keep it to make sure I have 2 incase something happens with the kimber. I do believe the springfield might be more reliable.
sorry tried to edit title when noticed miss spelled and wouldnt let me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would ask first if you have a good semi-auto rifle (ar15, sig556) something similar that has a very commonly available caliber? If you do not, they only way I would recommend selling one is in order to buy a good semi-auto long gun with a very commonly available caliber (I would recommend 5.56 since it's the most common for military usage in the US).

--Wintermute

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would ask first if you have a good semi-auto rifle (ar15, sig556) something similar that has a very commonly available caliber? If you do not, they only way I would recommend selling one is in order to buy a good semi-auto long gun with a very commonly available caliber (I would recommend 5.56 since it's the most common for military usage in the US).

--Wintermute
ya ar15 and 30-06 and 12 gauge.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
I'd go with a good Glock instead of any other polymer pistol. Springfield pistols always have extra bells, whistles and other things that can break or go bad. If that happens, your stuck with a .45 caliber or whatever paperweight. Glock is a really good, basic pistol which is why so many cops carry them. Glock has over a 70% use rate among police departments that allow semi-automatic pistols to be used. They work from Nome, Alaska, right down and into the water or marine patrols around Miami, Florida.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts