Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Contents Under Pressure
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Here's my question. I'm in the market for an AK. (Don't make this an AR vs. AK thread, please).

I've narrowed it down to 2 right now due to what I'm looking to spend.

1. GP 1975 (www.jgsales.com)

2. New WASR 10/63

The GP 1975 will have to be ordered on-line, so I won't get to check it out before purchase.

My FFL buddy already has the WASR 10/63. He's run about 20 rounds through it already as a function/performance check. Everything worked out well. It is a true 10/63 with the magazine guides welded in, removable muzzle break, etc.

The difference in price after shipping/FFL transfer OR state sales tax is about $20. (20 more on the GP 1975).

Between these two, what would you guys/girls go with and why?

Thanks In Advance,

Pro-Pain

·
Registered
177 Posts
I couldnt find the gp1975, but if you can inspect the WASR and theres no problems with it, then you should definitely pick that up. its cheaper, and you wont have to wait or worry about having an problems with it when it comes. spend the $20 on ammo...

·
Registered
404 Posts
The WASR is the obvious choice. Even if the FSB is canted, Id still go with the WASR. Barrel is better, handguards are better, cost is cheaper. But consider buying a WASR-3 from JG sales. 5.45x39 ammo is about 1/2 as costly as 7.62x39 right now.

·
Contents Under Pressure
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided to go with the WASR. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for all of your input and helping me make this decision. I'll throw some pics up when I can.

Thanks Again,

Pro-Pain

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've decided to go with the WASR. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for all of your input and helping me make this decision. I'll throw some pics up when I can.

Thanks Again,

Pro-Pain
Congrats on your future WASR! You won't regret it.... I LOVE mine.

If I could make one suggestion, though: if you have a choice in picking your gun, make sure you get/ask for one with a triangle on the front trunnion.

WASRs with the triangle are made of unused, surplus military parts and are of a much higher quality than WASRs have been traditionally known for.

Accuracy is very respectable with these!

·
Contents Under Pressure
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just got back home with it. When I got there, the rifle was in even better condition than described. Sights are right on, no mag wobble (with polymer or steel mags), no scratches, etc. I'll guess I'll have to shoot it for the final test.

He also had some Yugo mags (the kind that hold the bolt open on the last shot) that I picked up as well.

So I got the rifle, 2 tapco polymer mags, sling/bayonet/surplus mag pouch/oil can, etc. AND 4 yugo steel mags for just under $500. I'd say I got a pretty good deal. Now off to cheaper than dirt to order a few hundred rounds :).

Thanks Again,

Pro-Pain

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
Good Job Man !

Well I just got back home with it. When I got there, the rifle was in even better condition than described. Sights are right on, no mag wobble (with polymer or steel mags), no scratches, etc. I'll guess I'll have to shoot it for the final test.

He also had some Yugo mags (the kind that hold the bolt open on the last shot) that I picked up as well.

So I got the rifle, 2 tapco polymer mags, sling/bayonet/surplus mag pouch/oil can, etc. AND 4 yugo steel mags for just under $500. I'd say I got a pretty good deal. Now off to cheaper than dirt to order a few hundred rounds :).

Thanks Again,

Pro-Pain
Way to go Pro-Pain,
Of course we will be looking for a Range Report soon. Would like some pictures as well. And as always, if it screws up I will be glad to take it off your hands. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the new rifle brother. :thumb:

HH54r

1 - 12 of 12 Posts