Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be my last post for a long time so lets make it a good one. I want a rifle chambered in 7.62x54rmm and i dont really want an old military gun.I would like a bolt action if possible and if you guys could post some links to some of the 7.62x54rmm rifles that would be great. Ammo is very cheap on then like i found a can of 440 rounds for $70.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The round is ancient. This is a rimmed cartridge from the late 1800s. The Mosin Nagant rifle dates to 1891. If you love the round buy a cheap Nagant model 91-30. you can pick one up for under $100. Don't customize it. Shoot the thing as is.

I have a bunch of the old guns I have collected since the 1960s. If you want a modern bolt action gun get a good round for it. for one thing the rounds out there are very corrosive and will tear up a barrel if you don't clean with hot soapy water after each shooting. Get a 91-30 and have fun.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
This might be my last post for a long time so lets make it a good one.
Why ??? Getting a JOB to buy ALL the guns you want this week ??? :rolleyes:

Lets see , a 270 , 30-06 . etc. etc .etc ..........................

The round is ancient. This is a rimmed cartridge from the late 1800s.
Who cares , it will kill you as dead today as it did in 1800 what ever , ever hear of a PKM .....................

Or maybe the Dragonov ......................................

Care to stand down range ????

The 54R is on par with a 30-06 . Its a damn good round . Who cares how old it is , it been killing for a LONG time .

PS its INPUT , not iMput ....................

·
Registered
171 Posts
i dont think he meant the ancient comment as a insult to the round i believe he was more or less saying its been around so long and its very effective in the guns it was made for. I love my two m44 they shoot like a dream and they were dirt cheap. Idk where you found 440 rounds for 70 bucks the lowest i found was 104$ for 440 rounds.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I love my two m44 they shoot like a dream and they were dirt cheap.
Get some Heavy Ball Yellow Tip ...................then go shoot at dusk ...............4 foot fireball ........................WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO:D:

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I SOOOO want a PKM....

They are a JOY to shoot....
Fired one on full auto...........Lets just say the experience was right up there with losing one's virginity....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mosin Nagant

Anyone can poke fun at these old guns if they choose but I own a carbine and a full size. Both are fun to shoot and the 7.62x54 round packs a punch. I wouldn't want you shooting at me with one! Hold on tight, they kick a bit:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mosin Nagant

Anyone can poke fun at these old guns if they choose, but I own a carbine and a full size. Both are fun to shoot and the 7.62x54 round packs a punch. I wouldn't want you shooting at me with one! Hold on tight, they kick a bit:)

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Anyone can poke fun at these old guns if they choose, but I own a carbine and a full size. Both are fun to shoot and the 7.62x54 round packs a punch. I wouldn't want you shooting at me with one! Hold on tight, they kick a bit:)
You can say that again....

Reactions: BretByron
1 - 15 of 15 Posts