Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup I'm a dumb A$$ I bought a MKII for my daughter to use and when I attempted to clean it the first time I uh removed the Hammer assembly pin. I attempted to use the exploded view to replace the parts however it does not show one piece (looks like an S with a hole) in the picture. So i don't know how it goes.

If some one can post pictures of the guts of it or know where i could find the info that would be great. Sending it to Ruger is a last resort since it would be quicker then the gun shops here (the ones that said they would touch it that is)

Thanks

·
Gone Postal
550 Posts
Yup I'm a dumb A$$ I bought a MKII for my daughter to use and when I attempted to clean it the first time I uh removed the Hammer assembly pin. I attempted to use the exploded view to replace the parts however it does not show one piece (looks like an S with a hole) in the picture. So i don't know how it goes.

If some one can post pictures of the guts of it or know where i could find the info that would be great. Sending it to Ruger is a last resort since it would be quicker then the gun shops here (the ones that said they would touch it that is)

Thanks
Is there any way to get a picture of the part in question?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts

Thanks
INFORMATION

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
man, a pain in the a$$ huh?! my dad had the same issue with the one he had, i think their is sum 1 that makes sum type of product that makes it simpler, me i'd just spray the $hit out of it with break free and hang it up to drip unstead of taking it down to the frame, or invest in sum poly dunk.

·
high on truck stop coffee
21,912 Posts
Don't take it apart next time...it's best not to disassemble those Ruger pistols,I have four of 'em over the years.When it comes time to clean,I just take the grips off...let it soak over night in a shallow pan of diesel fuel,blow it off with compressed air,pull a string (with cotton patch tied to it) thru the barrel from the breech toward the muzzle a few times.

Re-install grips.Done.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
One reason I don't own a Ruger .22 semi-auto pistol anymore. They are a pain to take apart....and put back together. I took a chance and bought a used Smith and Wesson 22-A. Wayyy better .22 pistol in my opinion....and 5 seconds to disassemble...maybe 10 to reassemble.

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
One reason I don't own a Ruger .22 semi-auto pistol anymore. They are a pain to take apart....and put back together. I took a chance and bought a used Smith and Wesson 22-A. Wayyy better .22 pistol in my opinion....and 5 seconds to disassemble...maybe 10 to reassemble.
my dad sold a ruger 22/45 for that same ****ed off reason, a shame though it was a tack driver

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Yep, lock the bolt open, remove mag and grips, flush out with brake clean or similar spray stuff, use an old or gun toothbrush to clean gizzards, reflush with cleaner, blow out with comp air, oil action re-install grips.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
11,187 Posts
Yep, lock the bolt open, remove mag and grips, flush out with brake clean or similar spray stuff, use an old or gun toothbrush to clean gizzards, reflush with cleaner, blow out with comp air, oil action re-install grips.
I agree, this is pretty much how I do it but I use PB Blaster. One a year I take it apart, look on YouTube to remember how to put it back together and keep going.

I love my Mark II.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.