Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's what is going on:
My 25 year old son, Josiah moved to Portland, Oregon a month ago. He has been busting his @ss trying to find a job, but no luck yet. He is about to lose his room where he is staying.
HE WILL DO ANY JOB, HE WILL WORK FOR ROOM AND BOARD!
Josiah has lived on the streets before, but I seriously do NOT want him to have to go through that again.
He does not have a car or a license.
Josiah is as smart as all get-out, but will do *grunt work* or janitorial or anything right now.
Being a mama, I am worried sick about this, so please PM me if you know of any jobs in the Portland area.
THANKS!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Lamb, so sorry for you situation. I hope he is ok, if worse comes to worse can he seek shelter at salvation army?

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
When I was homeless there they had a place called Labor Ready you could go to work at and bum a ride and make about $40 a day. But that was like 10 yrs ago. And they always had work.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was homeless there they had a place called Labor Ready you could go to work at and bum a ride and make about $40 a day. But that was like 10 yrs ago. And they always had work.
Shawn, your PM is off, I tried to respond.
It is almost 11 miles from where he lives. Quite a walk to get there at 5 or 6am with no guarantee of work that day. He tried it for a week...out of 7 days, he worked a half day job ONE day and then they f*cked up his check. He is not too happy with them right now, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Lamb

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Most grocery chains are hireing because of the time of year. We just hired on 3 more cortessy clerks (bottom of the barrel job). Night time stocking at Wal-Mart should be an easy job to pick up right now through Christmas.

Any fast food place will be hiring. They go through people like toilet paper. Major resturant chains can always use a dishwasher....Then you move up the ladder to cook.

Gas Stations are always looking for people. At least the ones I go to in Grants Pass.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Shawn, your PM is off, I tried to respond.
It is almost 11 miles from where he lives. Quite a walk to get there at 5 or 6am with no guarantee of work that day. He tried it for a week...out of 7 days, he worked a half day job ONE day and then they f*cked up his check. He is not too happy with them right now, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Lamb
Thanks I turned it back on. Sorry he had bad luck with labor ready that was my last resort but I always enjoyed kitchen work more. Maybe he could try dishwashing or porter or something.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have him go to the library and check out portland.craigslist.org. They have jobs listed there daily. Being without a car makes it a bit harder, but there are still opportunities that he might be able to take advantage of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts