Survivalist Forum banner

Do you own a 25 round magazine for your Ruger 10/22?

• No, and I don't want one.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No, but I do want one.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Yes, I own one.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes, I own more than one

Votes: 27 57.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy-

After about 15 years off, I'm back in the saddle taking college courses. Part of a paper I'm working on requires some marketing research. If you could take a second to answer the poll, I'd appreciate it.

As a gun geek, feel free to comment which brands you're using and the reliability you've experienced

·
Banned
6,146 Posts
now that factory ruger 25 rounders are availible I'm planning to get a few for each of our 10/22 rifles

While not ideal this would allow the rifles to be pressed into service as defensive arms. A wise man once said, 'Nobody likes to leak.'

·
operatorchan.org
2,798 Posts
I used to own 5, but then my dad sold my 10/22 with out telling me and said "here's $150 towards your AR." I will NEVER forgive him for that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem. I thought it was odd that the post went up before the poll was completed... Thanks for reading!

·
Ham Extra Class
3,263 Posts
I own the maximum amount allowed by law. LOL.
I have had no problems with the Ruger mags (BX-25), however I had some other after market mags for 10/22's that did give trouble. Overall I am very happy with the Ruger Mags.

·
overcafienated since 1982
349 Posts
factory mags alwys seem to be out of stock when i can spare the cash for them but i do have a few 32 round pro mags that work well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 3 of the Ruger BX-25's and 3 of the 10 rounders. The BX-25's are great magazines and will probably get more soon. The 10 rounders are nice for that flush look or bench resting.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought some non-Ruger (Pro Mag?) 32 rounders, and they work like a charm. Many hundreds of rounds through them, and not a glitch.

Although, it is distressingly (and somewhat expensively) easy to shoot 32 rounds really fast...

And yeah, whenever I chance to encounter one of the Ruger 25's, whether on the battlefield as a combat throwaway, or in Wal-Mart, I guess I'll pick one or two up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have tried most all variations of hi-cap mags for the 10/22's over the last 30 years.

TI's are great if you are using them in only one rifle. I use multiple 10/22's in classes that I teach, and a TI fitted to one rifle will not work in all rifles.

All I use now are the Ruger factory BX-25's.

Some of them...

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,439 Posts
I chose no and I don't want one. I don't have a need for them. The factory 10 rounders are compact and easy to carry. My .22 is a small game hunting gun, nothing more. As such, 10 rounds is more than enough. I often hunt with a bolt action and have just as much success as I do with an autoloader. To me, accuracy is the most important criteria.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tried most all variations of hi-cap mags for the 10/22's over the last 30 years.

TI's are great if you are using them in only one rifle. I use multiple 10/22's in classes that I teach, and a TI fitted to one rifle will not work in all rifles.

Some of them...

I'd love to hear about the classes you teach with those things...

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
Butler Creek Steel Lips were okay, if you cleaned them and sprayed with silicone lube once in a while.

But the Ruger BX25 is da bomb.

- OS

·
Registered
5,282 Posts

Some of them...

Weapon in the left, what stock is she wearing? Link? Like the Millett scopes.:thumb: Second question: Where did you get the replacement grips for the 22/45? That's assuming it is a 22/45.

To the OP: Through my time in the military I have lives in places where hi capacity magazines (including those for the 10/22) were both legal and illegal. So I will leave it at this: I have used them, but may or may not own some. Is that vague enough?

Steel lips are always better for 10/22, have not used the BX-25 mags though. Maybe I will have to try them out.

My preference, is see through magazines for the 10/22 (hi capacity) so I can visually see my round count. I know it shouldn't matter for a 10/22, but why not?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts