Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen this asked in a similar manner before. I want to find a very slim line hydration pack with a side zipper for a pistol pouch. preferably its own zippered area. I am going to address this now because i am only looking for input on the packs. i know a Firearm on the hip is worth 2 in a bag. i wear a climbing harness 8+ hours a day. due to that on body carry does not work. i will not be taking my pack off other than to fill the bladder up. ideally i would like just a hydration pack with the pistol pouch nothing more. i want it as small as possible with an internal retention system. will be for a Glock 30. any input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am a fan of anything by Maxpedition and have a fatboy jumbo that I really like. No real hydration pack but you might make a small one work and it carries a firearm easily in the hidden zipper pouch. I carry a G26 but can tell you a G17 (full size duty weapon) is too big. Maxpedition has other sling style packs that could accommodate a hydration pack.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Call up Doc Brown and ask if you can borrow the Delorean. Set the flux capacitor to 1990. While you are there grab a pair of Skidz or Z Cavaricci’s and pair of Reebok Pumps to complete the ensemble.

OK- I’m sorry. I have nothing useful to add… I just couldn’t help myself. It’s a sickness…

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doc said that 1990 is never to be traveled back to. the maxpedition pack doesnt really fit my needs. i have a specific idea of what i want but just cant seem to find it.

·
Plays best, alone
4,948 Posts
A Camelback or similar knockoff. They all have at least one zippered compartment. Although I tend to wanna keep my firearms away from water for the most part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure if it would work with a harness or not but the Hill People Gear kit bag (smallest is the "snubbie) is pretty low profile though it is a chest pack not a hydration pack.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger. It has a place for a hydration bladder as well as a firearm. Firearm is easy and quick to get to because of the single strap of the gearslinger. It's great for traveling or short hikes. Long hikes with a full load I'd prefer two straps.

I also have a Fatboy for EDC. Quality products that last.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts