Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just recently left where i was living and decided to try and become self sufficient, so i want to ask whats a good state to live in. I basically want to be part of civilization so i can get supplies if i need but i want the woods to be basically just around the corner. so if anyone can help me finding a state to live in that meets the above criteria id be grateful.

·
Registered
8,166 Posts
Hello, i just recently left where i was living and decided to try and become self sufficient, so i want to ask whats a good state to live in. I basically want to be part of civilization so i can get supplies if i need but i want the woods to be basically just around the corner. so if anyone can help me finding a state to live in that meets the above criteria id be grateful.
More information would be helpful...do you prefer a warm climate, or a cooler one? A dry one or a wet one? Do you follow a particular reigious faith? Are you single, marrried, have children or aspire to any of these things?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More information would be helpful...do you prefer a warm climate, or a cooler one? A dry one or a wet one? Do you follow a particular reigious faith? Are you single, marrried, have children or aspire to any of these things?
i prefer warmer, wetter, no religious faiths, and im single and i dont think ill be married for quite a while if ever

·
Sith Lord
408 Posts
what about Kentucky, I live here, and theres wilderness everywhere but also theres cities close to near everything, if that makes sence

·
In memory of Rokitdog
14,951 Posts
NorCal has everthing you would ever need except for a logical decent government! The zoning laws alone are enough to make you want to cut your own throat!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Well since you are a Ninja, you might try the State of Reality for your next place to live.
mastaninja, ignore this type of jealousy. I've had to live with the burden of greatness just the same and believe me being too good can indeed be a burden.

As for which state, I think it's obvious, wherever the prettiest women are. The last thing you want to have happen is to survive an apocalypse and be stuck repopulating the planet with a bunch of ugly ducklings. Even if you were married, there is still the chance that polygamy might be re-instituted for the sake of mankind and you'd be kicking yourself for not planning ahead.

·
The Cat's Pajamas
407 Posts
Was going to suggest NC. We have some lovely rural mountain areas (although rarely available anymore) but there's that whole Bible belt thing. Hope you find your dream state.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts