Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have high blood pressure, among other conditions, and the only medicine I have to take for them is Lisinopril, now, since you can get (at most) a three-month supply of prescription meds (and even if you could stockpile them, they would lose effectiveness over time) I was wondering if there was any sort of natural compound (preferably one that doesn't come from manure) that I could acquire in preparation for when shtf.

·
American fearmaker
14,243 Posts
You might also want to go to a GNC store or other health food store to get advice. They might have stuff that will help with various medical problems.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Send a PM to Straight Razor, he knows a hell of a lot about medicinal plants and herbs.

And let us know if you have any success. I have to take Lisinopril along with HCTZ to control my hypertension.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
I take lisinopril. 40mg a day or 4 10s all day long. I seldom remember to take more than 2 or 3. I save the spares since I don't get to the pharm very regular.

Find a homeopathic caregiver and explain what you are taking. They can recommend a comparable herbal product and a dose that will replace your chemical prescription.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Get the generic version and it costs only a few dollars I believe it is on the Walmart and others list for under $10. Get a Rx from your reg doc for 3 months and one from your cardiologist for 3 months. Askthe docs if they will double you dose and let you cut them in two. You could get a years supply in a very short time with the two 90 day Rxs

Go to different pharmacies for the prescriptions. Best wishes. I know the stuff myself.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
There are plenty of natural things that will lower your blood pressure.

I also have an Rx for lisinopril. I used to take two per day and now I take maybe one or two a month. The difference is I lost a lot of weight and started looking for alternatives.

One of the best for me, is Asparagus. Eat a can of it, straight from the can. Yoiull be surprised how well it works, at least it did for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Garlic is very good for high blood pressure, from which I too suffer from. My BPL usually stays in the stage 1 hypertension level. I don't take medication at all. I have no trust for it. I won't even take pills for a headache. I rarely if ever get sick. But that's off track, sorry.

Good things for high blood pressure would be Garlick, watermelon, any kind of fruit juices. And teas of Chamomile, catnip, and/or Angelica root.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
wife tells me apple cider vineger will help tbl 3times a day in drink or stright.

Reactions: Theguy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts