Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few bottles of vitamin D in reserve in my kitchen cabinet. We've had alot of humid weather and I noticed that when I tip the bottles upside down, the pills stick to each other and the bottom of the bottle. The is despite the fact that the bottles are still factory sealed, so I don't know if it's from humidity or not. On the label, it says to store in a dry place. Well, the driest place I can think of is the refridgerator because of the constant "air conditioning" that goes on in there. A humidity guage shows humidity to be under 15%, so it's perfect. But is it wise to store them in a place that cold? I don't want to degrade the effectiveness of the Vitamin D by having them in either a too humid or too cold of a place, but I'd just like to know if either one of those things would actually have an adverse effect. Does anyone here know?

·
The Right of the People..
797 Posts
i am assuming it was you that posted the same question on goldismoney.com?

A quick google search did not find me any extensive answers. I did read that the fridge is the best place for vitamins. It also recommended putting a few grains of rice into the container to absorb any moisture. This would of course require you to open the container though. But if you are that worried, maybe look into a food grade dessicant. I have gotten them in pill bottles before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts