Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The European Outdoorsman
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am looking for a new pack and I have had trouble finding something that fits my needs. It must,

Be top loading
Have lots of MOLLE attachment options
Preferably will be a single ruck (nothing on left or right side, so attachments can be added)
Be larger that 40L and Smaller than 70L
Have a good setup for the back and shoulder straps

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks!

·
The European Outdoorsman
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a great looking pack, but it isn't top loading. It is front loading meaning that it opens in the front, not in the top. This is important because I use a waterproof bag on the inside of the pack I was using. It can be used in a front loading pack, bout would be inconvenient.

This pack would be more like a trekking pack, but with molle attachments, if that makes sense...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Take a look at the Marine's current ruck. They can be found on Ebay by searching ILBE. Also check out http://www.eberlestock.com/index.htm. They have some pretty good rucks and alot of designs, but they all come with a price. In my experience i have found that a good ruck is something that you dont want to be cheap about.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Although, it doesn't have MOLLE. I use a Golite Pinacle for long distance (2000mi) hiking. It is top loading which I have a love/hate relationship with.
I like top loading when camping and I plan to stop, unload the whole pack, camp for the night, re pack and head off.

http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=151001110&mc=&t=&lat=

For a BOB, I prefer the front load (with multiple chambers) for organization and faster access to equipment.

.....Just an idea.

Good luck with your search.

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am looking for a new pack and I have had trouble finding something that fits my needs. It must,

Be top loading
Have lots of MOLLE attachment options
Preferably will be a single ruck (nothing on left or right side, so attachments can be added)
Be larger that 40L and Smaller than 70L
Have a good setup for the back and shoulder straps

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks!
Have you checked out the HELLCAT pack from victor23? It is a badass pack! And victor23 is a great person to deal with. He is a straight shooter, knows his product, sets good prices, and has fast shipping. I will soon be upgrading to the hellcat for me and my wife, very soon.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Have you checked out the HELLCAT pack from victor23? It is a badass pack! And victor23 is a great person to deal with. He is a straight shooter, knows his product, sets good prices, and has fast shipping. I will soon be upgrading to the hellcat for me and my wife, very soon.
Throw us some links on there... you know we're lazy.

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
It is a great looking pack, but it isn't top loading. It is front loading meaning that it opens in the front, not in the top. This is important because I use a waterproof bag on the inside of the pack I was using. It can be used in a front loading pack, bout would be inconvenient.

This pack would be more like a trekking pack, but with molle attachments, if that makes sense...
do you use a water proof bag, inside you pack, because you are swimming with you pack? if not, then you only need a rain fly over a backpack. a water proof bag is unnecessary weigh and bulk that does not need to go in a hiking pack.

·
The European Outdoorsman
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use it because the areas I frequent are prone to sudden quick weather changes and extreme winds and tons of rain. A waterproof bag suits me fine and isn't extra weight.

·
Registered
965 Posts
i have the 5.11 rush 72 pack or whatever they call it. So far i love it carries weight well and has plenty of molle all over for attaching stuff like tent, sleeping bag, etc... I really like the front loading since u can open it almost flat and arrange what u want where u want it and get to something on the bottom without unloading the whole pack if ur not stopped but need to grap something out of ur pack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts