Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
I have one that I got from CTD. I love this pack. Its my urban/hiking bag. It fits my laptop very nicely (when its in there). I wish it had some sort of clip for my camelback. but that is my real only issue. I do think the hip strap is useless, so i just took it off.

How much do you plan on putting in there. It is not a huge bag. I love it though.

T

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
Anyone have any info on this pack? Looking to buy one as a BOB. Thanks.

I meant Condor 3 Day Pack
I bought one about two months ago to replace my Army issued assault pack.

I've used it in several different situations and different environments since I purchased it. I've loaded it up completely while camping, filled it with a sleeping bag, camelback, and weights and went on a 3 mile march with it, and I've used it as an ammo/food/water/gun cleaning supply bag for a weekend. I have yet to find it not meeting any of the standards I have for it so far.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill look into the LA Police Gear Bag. The price worries me a bit but if I don't like it I can pass that down to my girlfriend if/when we would need it. As for the Condor, I am looking to pack enough supplies to treck at least 60 miles again, if/when I would need to. I would need to carry water, food, first-aid, basic supplies, ammo, etc. Thanks guys. Happy 4th.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The LAPG bag is good quality. BUT get a real pack with a real belt. Arctyrx,Gregory, and Ospery are packs I would bet the farm on. They have good thick padded bets are are made to hold up for THOUSANDS OF MILES. That being said I use the LAPG bag for carryone and it is great for that.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
If you are looking at the 3000cu in pack, save your money for something better. If you are talking about the 1362cu in pack, thats a winner but not an extended stay pack by any means. Plenty big enough for day hikes etc, but a change of clothes will fill it quickly. Great for a get home bag, but not big enoug for a BoB

·
Registered
859 Posts
i put this together, I probably have about 50 bucks in it. I've gone through 3 different bags going to school and so far this one is holding up great. I use it to carry my laptop and school stuff as well as camping on the weekends. It's a 3000 cu in main pack with a molle frame. It has plenty of upgrades that I can do for more room.

Attachments

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I still use the large Alice, I have 3 of them setup for different "missions"-
camping, sustainment/bugout, long range patrol.

I've yet to find one of the newer bags that is as rugged as good old Alice.
My heaviest bag weighs in at 65 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts