Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a woman, adopted an autistic boy. Fine. She went vegan because "they" convinced her it was "better" and he was apparently very picky about eating meat. Fine.

She was just posting on her wall how a friend has severe cataracts but wants a "natural" alternative vs. surgery. Medicare pays for the surgery, that is not the issue. I think she is just afraid.

But I have known literally dozens who have done this with no issue.

So Linda's friend says "Take this drink every day and it will cure your cataracts". WRONG.

Linda: "But we feel so much better when we take it".

me: It could have off label stimulants.

Linda: :eek::eek:

I pointed out Linda's friend was already breaking one law by saying the drink could cure cataracts, and did anyone want to give someone like that money.

I then suggested she ask the doctor for an anxiety pill before the procedure, which I think is the real root of the issue.

UGH. Thank God no one posted about the miracle eye drops that were on here a while back, the poor woman would go blind taking them AND be out a lot of money.

So frustrating when people won't do the intelligent thing and refuse to take care of themselves.

And the only vegans I know are very sickly.

Reactions: Good beer

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My husband is really bad for that. He had one doctor literally shouting at him about his bad choices. It is very frustrating.

I tried to manage my bipolar "naturally" for years and failed dismally. A couple days of lithium capsules and I was good as new. All that time, wasted.

Reactions: Good beer and Buffy

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Just about all vegans are against killing or exploiting living things,well except plants. The majority think they are saving the planet. Veganism is not good for you except maybe in the short term although I think fasting is a better short term fix for your body.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,284 Posts
I tried to manage my bipolar "naturally" for years and failed dismally. A couple days of lithium capsules and I was good as new.
Putting aside applying this principle to bipolar, I generally believe in resolving things at the lowest level of management possible. It would be best to handle things at the lowest level of disruption to the bodies normal processes, which means natural foods, etc is preferred.

I have high cholesterol. And handling it by altering my diet is the doctor's 1st approach. Makes sense. Only after that fails would then taking the lowest level of medication. Then only that up the dosage until the desired results are achieved, cautiously watching for side effects along the way.

While I'm happy for you that 'A couple days of lithium capsules and I was good as new' but am sad that some continue to have problems with medication, that the cure is worse than the disease - for some people.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Peter, with my observations people with bipolar are generally addicted as well (dual diagnosis). They will not give up the habit, which aggravates their mood swings. Add to that doctor may have prescribed anxiety/sleeping pills and yes you have a "hot mess" even medicated.

However, clean living, plenty of sleep, taking my meds as directed, I am basically cured.

Many do not take medication AS DIRECTED, continue to USE the wrong things... yes they are a failure. My mother was one of them. My first thought upon hearing my diagnosis "I'm not ending up like her". She drank and smoked heavily, did not take medication consistently, likely because she liked the manias. And everyone suffered for it.

My aunt became very ill shortly after starting statins and was bed bound for about a month. She has not connected them. She said her liver function was very bad and she had no infection. So I have my theory. But she loves the lower numbers, which weren't bad to start, and wouldn't hear a word even if I said something.

My husband refused statins, I felt it was the right call. He also got off Gapapentin before all the problems with it came out. He is off opiods. He takes Kratom which is very effective for his excruciating back pain.

So I'm a fan. But sometimes you need the prescription, or the knife.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Our evolutionary history shows that we are omnivores and descended from omnivores. Our bodies are made for both meat and veggies. Without a balance bad things can happen. think rickets, scurvy to name a few. There is no one answer. As to herbal healing? If it worked we would not have medication or doctors. remember the old guy in the movie Karate kid? Balance.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
According to NCBI there is hope for cataract eye drops,
ABSTRACT
The purpose of this study is to prepare and characterize solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) of N-Acetyl Carnosine (NAC) to treat cataract since surgery necessitates equipments and professional help. Cataract is believed to be formed by the biochemical approach where the crystalline eye proteins lose solubility and forms high molecular weight masses. Added advantages of SLN of NAC (henceforth referred as SLN-NAC) in the study are reduced size, sustained release and better corneal penetration of drug. The method of preparation of SLN-NAC by Mill’s method is unique in itself.

The size of the SLN-NAC was 75 ± 10 nm in the range of ideal for penetration. The in-vitro release study and the SLN-NAC formulations prepared with Mill’s method demonstrated sustained release up to 24 h following an initial burst after 1 h. The zeta potential of the prepared formulation was −22.1 ± 1 mV. Corneal permeation studies using goat corneas indicate that SLN-NAC penetration rate was higher than those from NAC eye drops. Corneal hydration studies indicated that the formulation caused no harm to the corneal cells.

Therefore it may be concluded that SLN-NAC may revolutionize cataract treatment and reversal by improving drug permeation, reducing toxicity and no damage to corneal tissue.​

Edit: I realize it isn't a natural remedy or a scam, but there was a comment on this thread about miracle eye drops. I make DIY NAC eye drops but this one appears to be far better. It will probably end up being prescription and pricey as I don't think the SLN part can be DIY.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Here is a good one for vegans, new studies show that plants scram an ultrasonic scream when their stems are cut. Simple google search will show the study. Let vegans know that when they cut some plants they scream so that they have to stop eating plants now too.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Here is a good one for vegans, new studies show that plants scram an ultrasonic scream when their stems are cut. Simple google search will show the study. Let vegans know that when they cut some plants they scream so that they have to stop eating plants now too.
I pointed out in my post how vegans draw the line at moving ,living ,things not to eat or exploit. Killing plants seems fine with them. Typical hypocritical people. Life is life. I feel no guilt being at the upper end of the food chain.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My wife has been vegan for about ten years. She’s passionate enough to ensure proteins and inadequacies of the diet are covered without supplements. She is super healthy at almost 69. Neither of us have a family doc.
Nothing with eyes is her mantra, potatoes excluded. I’ll join her once or twice a week. Other nights I devour her competition,Mooo, quack, cluck, and silent fish.
Can’t get my lips around tofu, gag.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, I enjoy a good lentil and have prepped them.

I feel bad about meat animals dying for me. But when I was a vegan I was very unhealthy. My brain operates better on animal fats.

I just don't see people taking chances with their vision. As you all know my husband is blind. There is a burden on me as a result.

I think it is cruel to inflict a vegan diet on a helpless disabled child who can't speak for himself (non verbal). She thinks the whatever "red" drink she is feeding him "helps" and I said it probably had stimulants, she didn't like that and dropped out of the conversation.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm not a vegan though at the moment I am trialing a mostly plant based diet.
I have two daughters who are vegan and have been for six years.
Both are super healthy, super fit.
When I read comments about veganism I usually find that negative comments are unfortunately all too often based more on hearsay and emotion than with any in-depth knowledge.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was a vegan for a while.

The only way to do it successfully is eating a lot of highly processed fake foods and taking big handfuls of supplements. I just can't see God designing us to function that way.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same thing in my book: do this and all your health problems will go away. Ironically, the keto people are the same way.

The vegans also try to guilt everyone, especially pet owners, into seeing meat animals as pets.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Vegetarian is nothing new, it goes back to agrarian societies. I know lifelong vegetarians in their 70s and 80s in perfect health. They look 20 years younger, highly active, no meds.

Now, I myself like charred flesh, but I have found, for me, that I don't require as much as I once did, so meat/protein is about 25% of my diet. Some days none. I'm not going to tell you that you're unhealthy because you're doing it another way, or because you appear unhealthy to me.

I think you are confusing vegetarian/vegan with peta. You are also going off some outdated information in regards to diet and nutrition.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I'm not a vegan though at the moment I am trialing a mostly plant based diet.
I have two daughters who are vegan and have been for six years.
Both are super healthy, super fit.
When I read comments about veganism I usually find that negative comments are unfortunately all too often based more on hearsay and emotion than with any in-depth knowledge.
I guess you havent met enough vegans then.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Both vegans and vegetarians need to obtain vitamin B12, taking supplements. the young vegans who are in their 20's or 30's, if they maintain their vegan lives until age 90, now that would be interesting to see. But someone only being vegan for 5 years....and having been raised with eggs/dairy/perhaps meats, which built their current body & mind, I am not so not so convinced.

Back to the OP-- natural "remedies" -- such as CBD oil, I keep hearing about the amazing benefits. Sprung $100.00 for a bottle of the stuff for one of my dogs....had absolutely no effect....kept giving it to him, still no effect.

Why do these CBD hawks think that people are going to continue to spend $100.00 a bottle for stuff that plainly does NOT work?

I wish I could get my money back. And I am not interested in spending ANOTHER $100 for CBD for any reason whatsoever, unless they gave me a money-back guarantee.

Is that too much to ask?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts