Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Damn I am staying out of the area south of El Paso Texas. Makes one wonder what some of the threats are. I am in a red zone North of Houston and haven't a clue as to what the reason might be as Houston is a white zone???

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one bad natural disaster can change alot on this map. I'm in a mostly blue part of the country but there is one red county north of me. I know they got hit by a bad tornado a couple of years ago. Also the map takes in effect heat/drought related fatalities. Maybe thats why your in the red?

·
Registered
377 Posts
We're right in the white. It must be the floods or maybe the blizzards or maybe the tornadoes. I don't know why else we would be considered to be average. All of those are survivable though. Heck, the media doesn't even cover us like they do disasters on the coasts. I never thought we were in that much danger. I guess we're in an average amount of danger. Not too bad, I just thought it would be lower.

blt

·
Registered
226 Posts
Damn I am staying out of the area south of El Paso Texas. Makes one wonder what some of the threats are. I am in a red zone North of Houston and haven't a clue as to what the reason might be as Houston is a white zone???
I think it's heat... the article qoted heat-related deaths as being one of the 'biggies'.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't think its heat because I very seldom hear or read of anyone here dying of heat. People here know that can kill. I was reading and I think it is the rise in population in the area because it has been one of the fastest growing areas in the US for several years. The map will change when they take the last couple of Hurricanes into it and the Gulf Coast is going to be red.

·
Apocaloptimist
2,708 Posts
Texas Gulf Coast Here. Right now I am in a salmon colored zone, but I am sure that will change once they figure in IKE.

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
Blue is safer, red is more dangerous - at least that's how I read it.

Red states and blue states take on a different meaning...:D:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Intersting they left our boating accidents and drowning. Would have made Cali and Florida Black!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh I think they left out alot of events when they made this graph. like snow and ice related auto accidents. And what about deer related auto accidents?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts