Survivalist Forum banner
561 - 580 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
I'm going to throw a emdcoa out there for discussion. The Nation with the biggest army in the region. And a place we would likely stage is Poland. If Russia wanted to catch folks off guard invading Poland who is not expecting it. And bypassing the Ukrainian defensive lines. Same with China hit Japan while everyone is expecting Tiawan. The objective would still be accomplished. Both Tiawan and Ukraine would fall either way. And the West would have to realign any future staging area's. Don't think like an American think like ones adversary.

·
My Hero Was Derion Albert
2,493 Posts
I have not read all the pages, but there was a treaty signed at the end of the cold war by the United Kingdom Russians, Ukraine and the USA that said in exchange for their nuclear stockpile, the other parties swore to defend Ukraine.
Its called the Budapest memorandum , some points from wikipedia:

On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain and the United States signed a memorandum to provide Ukraine with security assurances in connection with its accession to the NPT as a non-nuclear weapon state. The four parties signed the memorandum, containing a preamble and six paragraphs. The memorandum reads as follows:[10]

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,
Welcoming the accession of Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as non-nuclear-weapon State,
Taking into account the commitment of Ukraine to eliminate all nuclear weapons from its territory within a specified period of time,
Noting the changes in the world-wide security situation, including the end of the Cold War, which have brought about conditions for deep reductions in nuclear forces.
Confirm the following:
1. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.
3. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.
4. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used.
5. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm, in the case of Ukraine, their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, except in the case of an attack on themselves, their territories or dependent territories, their armed forces, or their allies, by such a State in association or alliance with a nuclear-weapon State.
6. Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America will consult in the event a situation arises that raises a question concerning these commitments.
— Memorandum on Security Assurances in Connection with Ukraine’s Accession to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons[10]
So this mess might just pull in USA UK and NATO to defend Ukraine, that is unless the dribbler in the whitehouse is going to throw the Ukraine under the bus to hide the Burisma mess Hunter got him into.
10% for the big guy indeed.

Russia preparing false-flag operation as pretext for Ukraine invasion, US warns

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
I tend to 🤔 folks need to look at all this has one event. Nkorea , Eastern Europe , Middle East with China beating the walking drum in the Pacific. If all these things happen in rapid succession. The West will collapse. China has set the stage to do to the West what Reagan did to the Soviet Union. And our establishment politicians and flag officers have been all too willing Prostitutes to the CCP.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,919 Posts
FWIW. Bluffing, or no?

If Putin invades Ukraine with a major military force, U.S. and NATO military assistance — intelligence, cyber, anti-armor and anti-air weapons, offensive naval missiles — would ratchet up significantly,” said James Stavridis, a retired four-star Navy admiral who was the supreme allied commander at NATO. “And if it turned into a Ukrainian insurgency, Putin should realize that after fighting insurgencies ourselves for two decades, we know how to arm, train and energize them.”
I swear to God, the :poop:-for-brains o-biden regime and the imbecilic nato war mongers talking about a Ukrainian insurgency makes me wonder how many times they were dropped on their heads as babies. Putin sees o-biden as a senile, nut-less, ****-less loser raging over his own impotence while making threats of sanctions and insurrection and Putin knows how dangerous this combination can be. o-biden's handlers seriously need to sit him down and shut him up before he wrecks the world.

RTWT:

The best thing the US could possibly do is to tell nato to sod off. If they (Europe) want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine, have at it, just don't expect us (US) to help. Hey Russia. All you have to do is turn off the gas and oil and watch them freeze.

No nato member Ukraine, no invasion. Easy.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,919 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Our problem with sitting this one out is that if Russia is allowed to go to war and take territory, the whole world order is now out the window. Now, maybe that's ok... but part of the point of the whole UN setup and agreements was that this kind of rap was to no longer be allowed. If that's no longer the case, EVERYthing is back on the board. The result will quite possibly be another world war, just a handful for years further down the road. We're getting boxed.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Putin will be 70 this year and XI 69 , master chess players against an American Libtarded Embicil. And across the board Spineless Western leadership with the exception of Poland.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,919 Posts
Our problem with sitting this one out is that if Russia is allowed to go to war and take territory, the whole world order is now out the window.
Ukraine is a buffer between Russia and NATO. If Russia took Ukraine, it's new border would be with Poland which is a NATO member. So there would then be tanks, troops, missiles and bombers right on the border and no more buffer.

I don't see the logic in this.

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
Been listening to Fox News radio reports most of day announcing the US has credible evidence of the Russians planning a false flag attack to justify an invasion of Ukraine. While I have a number of reasons to NOT believe US intelligence at this time, it does make one wonder why Russia would follow the German playbook? Germany's invasion of Poland was preceded by the attack at Gleiwitz. At first it made no sense to me until I remembered the Russians followed the German playbook for their Crimea and Georgia adventures.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
Putin will be 70 this year and XI 69 , master chess players against an American Libtarded Embicil. And across the board Spineless Western leadership with the exception of Poland.
Hungary , Rumania and Serbia as well as Poland. Russia should form a Pan Slavic Bloc with these Countries rather than threaten and cajole. They all are resisting globalism by preserving their heritage and respective Churches.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hungary , Rumania and Serbia as well as Poland. Russia should form a Pan Slavic Bloc with these Countries rather than threaten and cajole. They all are resisting globalism by preserving their heritage and respective Churches.
May be easier to get them into an alliance if Putin can show them that NATO and the US won't help them.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
have not read all the pages, but there was a treaty signed at the end of the cold war by the United Kingdom Russians, Ukraine and the USA that said in exchange for their nuclear stockpile, the other parties swore to defend Ukraine.
Its called the Budapest memorandum
Unfortunately, you don't understand the term "memorandum". This is not an oath or a international treaty

·
2,493 Posts
A sovereign nation should be free to choose who it aligns itself with
As a signatory Russia should also uphold its oath to abide by the memorandum, and if not give Ukraine back its nukes,
Or is Russia without honor?
Hmm.
Maybe we just let Russia join NATO too.
Would this stop the vodka tears flowing from the kremlin?

·
2,493 Posts
after soviets invading most of these countries, im sure they will jump right on that:rolleyes:
Biden is willing to throw away Ukraine to hide or cover up Burisma deal corruption.
If you recall Trump was impeached for investigating bidens role in the hunter no show seat on burisma under treaty. Biden bragged ON TAPE he threatened to stop US foreign aid to Ukraine if they did not fire the official in charge of the investigation.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Been listening to Fox News radio reports most of day announcing the US has credible evidence of the Russians planning a false flag attack to justify an invasion of Ukraine. While I have a number of reasons to NOT believe US intelligence at this time, it does make one wonder why Russia would follow the German playbook? Germany's invasion of Poland was preceded by the attack at Gleiwitz. At first it made no sense to me until I remembered the Russians followed the German playbook for their Crimea and Georgia adventures.
Our intelligence agencies have no credibility because they manufacture evidence , Intel seed and promote false flags all the time. They very rarely get anything right in advance unless they are the ones actually planning and coordinate it , Themselves.

·
spirit animal / unicorn
2,683 Posts
Not going to speculate on whether Russia will invade or attack or whether the US will respond militarily....

Just want to say that if anything does happen, the potential is huge... Especially if Russia and China try to expand at the same time...

-Trump's legacy will be tainted because he was seen as or depicted as pro-Russia. Not saying we won't have Trump 2024, but it will drive polarization in this country anew

- Good thing we have loads of Russians and Chinese living here, even though Russia and China are still strategic enemies. /sarc

You could see the argument for internment camps if something pops off.

However, the media and academics have spent decades irresponsibly villainizing our WWII Internment camps for the Japanese. So it sets up a conflict with people like antifa, and more reason for political division.

-I don't think we're going to have a world war right now. I think MAD was a mistaken conclusion, and great powers are going to be more interested in answers like tactical nukes, cyber attacks, and space warfare.

That said, what they have to show us could still be a pretty big deal, could still affect normal life a lot for a while....

- The Corona generation may be a really messed up generation. Or they may just need a few years to catch up.

Just read something the other day about kids being cognitively stunted. 2+ yrs of Corona plus a Russian war will be a lot to deal with.

Don't wanna exaggerate it or conclude anything too soon.

But everyone knows suicides are up, etc....
If kids aren't really scared of coronavirus or war, or their education isn't effected that much, there still could be consequences of the economic effect...

-Groundwork laid for a more extensive, more damaging war in 5-10 yrs?

Meaning, maybe starting a WWIII requires getting your feet a little wet

561 - 580 of 958 Posts