Survivalist Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
This is a very good read…. From someone that knows what they are talking about.

The US Must Prepare for War Against Russia Over Ukraine

If Russia prevails again, we will remain stuck in a crisis not just over Ukraine but about the future of the global order far beyond that country’s borders. Left unrestrained, Putin will move swiftly, grab some land, consolidate his gains, and set his sights on the next satellite state in his long game to restore all the pre-1991 borders: the sphere of geographical influence he deems was unjustly stripped from Great Russia.
With respect...

I don't think that her level of warmongering is what is valid.

Under Oath, Evelyn Farkas Admitted She Never Had Collusion Evidence.

The arguments smack strongly of "make war and we will come" ideology.
The very same level of hawkishness that is where our current backlash is originating.

·
That'll be the day...
4,358 Posts
With respect...

I don't think that her level of warmongering is what is valid.

Under Oath, Evelyn Farkas Admitted She Never Had Collusion Evidence.

The arguments smack strongly of "make war and we will come" ideology.
The very same level of hawkishness that is where our current backlash is originating.

Good points... But at the end of the day, her line of thinking will be exactly what the US does.

Poopy Pants will start with sanctions and "The Bear" will ignore him, like a 2nd grade child.

·
Grevcon 10
16,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
NATO will try to back Ukraine as a proxy and sanction Russia. The sanctions will do way more damage to NATO members than Russia. Eventually NATO caves and we move on to the next country. Moldova may be rolled right up in with the Ukraine conquest. Georgia is an obvious one, but Finland/Sweden are talking about needing to get into NATO now before they end up like Ukraine and it's too late. Russia doesn't like that either and depending on the success of Ukraine may decide to try and repeat it in Finland.

And then you have the CCP and all the stuff they do and how Russia uses that or affects those conflicts. Don't forget about Taiwan during any stage of this.

Anyway, the problem with this is it's very unpredictable. It easily escalates out of control due to many unforeseen sequences of events. Just have to watch it closely and hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
How does the US benefit from allowing Ukraine to be steamrolled? Isn’t Ukraine an ally of the US? Doesn’t seem that Russia is. Militarily seems like a good place to keep the Ukraine government in power. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How does the US benefit from allowing Ukraine to be steamrolled? Isn’t Ukraine an ally of the US? Doesn’t seem that Russia is. Militarily seems like a good place to keep the Ukraine government in power. What am I missing?
Offrink,

"Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests."
Lord Palmerston, Br PM 1855- onward ...

I'll try to add what's missing.

Ukraine was once part of the USSR and now it's an independent nation.

As per the PM's above quote, the US permanent interest is a Germany at peace.

Recall that he Nord Stream 2 pipeline went under the sea from Russia to Germany. Nord Stream 2 is still not complete.
Ukraine has the land pipeline route passing through it's territory. Ukraine collects a transit fee on this Gazprom gas. Thus, the cost to end users increases.

I'm wondering if NATO members Poland and Turkey are mobilizing.

I'm nor wondering if NATO members US and UK are mobilizing.

cc: Hunter Biden

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nope, Ukraine is not an official ally. We promised if they gave the nukes back to Russia, we'd guarantee them against nuke strikes.

·
Grevcon 10
16,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Nope, Ukraine is not an official ally. We promised if they gave the nukes back to Russia, we'd guarantee them against nuke strikes.
No, we promised to guarantee them against any seizure of their territory. They wanted to keep their nukes so that they could maintain MAD against Russia preventing Russia from taking their territory.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
No, we promised to guarantee them against any seizure of their territory. They wanted to keep their nukes so that they could maintain MAD against Russia preventing Russia from taking their territory.
I stand corrected, you are correct.

In 1994 the US, UK, Russia and Ukraine signed the Budapest Memorandum, in which the three powers offered assurances that they would respect Ukraine's territorial integrity. Pavlo Rizanenko, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, is having second thoughts.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The launch control codes were still in Moscow. Therefore, the only thing that could be created on Ukarin was a dirty bomb.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I am warning everyone, were just a short distance away from bullets flying!

"Nato’s secretary general, Jens Stoltenberg, has said there is “a real risk for a new armed conflict in Europe” after talks between alliance members and Russia ended with no signs of progress towards defusing the crisis over Ukraine.

The Russian deputy foreign minister, Alexander Grushko, emerged from the four hours of talks renewing Moscow’s threat that it would take military steps if political measures were not enough to “neutralise the threats” it says it faces. His remarks came only days after his fellow Russian diplomat, Sergei Ryabkov, had assured reporters Russia had no intention of invading Ukraine.

Grushko said he had told Nato representatives that “further sliding of the situation could lead to the most unpredictable and most severe consequences for European security”.

The Russian deputy defence minister, Alexander Fomin, was quoted as saying that relations with Nato were at a “critically low level,” while a foreign ministry official told reporters that there was “no positive agenda at all.”

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure what the future holds but seems like a big waste of time and money for Russia if they don’t invade. I think they went all in and they didn’t get anything during the negotiations. So there only option is to invade. If they don’t they will seem weak and got called on there bluff.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Not sure what the future holds but seems like a big waste of time and money for Russia if they don’t invade. I think they went all in and they didn’t get anything during the negotiations. So there only option is to invade. If they don’t they will seem weak and got called on there bluff.
They didn't truly want anything from the negotiations. They knew such going in.

IMO.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
I am warning everyone, were just a short distance away from bullets flying!

"Nato’s secretary general, Jens Stoltenberg, has said there is “a real risk for a new armed conflict in Europe” after talks between alliance members and Russia ended with no signs of progress towards defusing the crisis over Ukraine.

The Russian deputy foreign minister, Alexander Grushko, emerged from the four hours of talks renewing Moscow’s threat that it would take military steps if political measures were not enough to “neutralise the threats” it says it faces. His remarks came only days after his fellow Russian diplomat, Sergei Ryabkov, had assured reporters Russia had no intention of invading Ukraine.

Grushko said he had told Nato representatives that “further sliding of the situation could lead to the most unpredictable and most severe consequences for European security”.

The Russian deputy defence minister, Alexander Fomin, was quoted as saying that relations with Nato were at a “critically low level,” while a foreign ministry official told reporters that there was “no positive agenda at all.”
Yes Sir , Keep the popcorn 🍿 handy. It's going to be interesting 🤔. Between this the TWalls going up in the District of Corruption and China closing their ports supposedly due to COVID. It's bound to be a free for all.

·
Registered
15,609 Posts
The ports aren't down due to covid.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Possibly the most thought provoking post so far!

521 - 540 of 1079 Posts