Votes: 81 82.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.2%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want your nations population to increase or decrease?

Reason I ask is because politicians here want to double our nations population in the next 20-30 years. I'm not sure why I'd want to live in such a crowded country though.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Definatley decrease.

Mostly because I'm a loner and a misanthrope and don't like people in general.

Liberals want population increase so they can garner more votes and conservatives want population increase so they can support the mindless consumerism that runs their businesses.

Again here we see how the left/right paradigm is a farce.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I said increase, purely because I was thinking from the perspective of other nation's growing at such huge rates. More and more Canadians are not even born here now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also say increase. The developing world is expanding at a faster pace than the developed world. Our competitive edge and by extension our economic prosperity is to a degree, based upon our ability to grow and educate our domestic population. In an age where our population is already leaning top heavy, our economy depends on our ability to grow. Having more of our cities grow to the critical mass necessary is in my opinion critical for us to continue to compete on the global stage, as a center for innovation and entrepreneurship.

That said, there is obvious detriment to the environment and our available resources with increased population. Of the negatives of increased population, the most insidious is urban sprawl, where densities are too low for effective mass transit, and infrastructure is prohibitively expensive to maintain. More, much more needs to be done in the way of urban development and planning so that our country may grow in a sustainable and respectful way.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I'm in the US

·
Indefatigable
21,039 Posts
This is going in the DS thread about stupid questions......
Do you honestly believe that any of you, as an individual, have ANY control over the amount of people on the planet?

·
survivalist
2,462 Posts
The original post was about population in your country not the world. No, we can't do too much about world population,but with a proper immigration plan and control of ILLEGAL boarder crossings we can have a say in our own country.....If congress cared what their constituents say anyway.

·
Indefatigable
21,039 Posts
Ok, so it's ONLY about the country...I understood the question in the context of ANY people not just illegal immigrants and from the replies, it looks like many others did to. Anytime you bring up getting rid of illegals here, the very next subject to come up (as it did here) is how to get rid of people on public assistance. In reality that would include those in prison, on unemployment, medicare, disability and those in state run nursing homes and mental health institutions. Then we have the liberals (defined by members on this forum as anyone who does not agree with you) short of genocide - how do you propose to "get rid of them"?

·
Silver Wings
11,356 Posts
Shades of Logan's Run? ;)

·
Banned
480 Posts
Not really sure. I tend towards decrease for quality of life for future generations, but I've been noticing lately the same people and organizations that espouse reducing population are also for mass immigration and less immigration controls. It seems like what they really want is a decrease in the white/educated population and an increase in everything else... and its working, going from something like 25% of the world's population to now like 10% if that.

I'm starting to question whether its actually good at all, since my generation has been conditioned since elementary school to think we need to reduce our population. Its really starting to seem like white people are being guilted, shamed and miseducated out of reproducing.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I went to my old favorite trail. It was a hunters trail to a lake in the olympics that was a grueling hike with the trail hard to track if you didnt already know it. So nobody really used it and all the city folks who come throwing their trash everywhere, making **** loads of noise and destroying the habitat were nowhere to be seen. It was an anual hike for me. Now, it is ruined, the trail has become a full blown hikers trail.

I couldnt do MT ellinor this year because they closed it do to goats being agressive. I guess folks were feeding them.......

These goats

I have to accecpt that the population is growing and there is not much I can do about it. I will try to injoy what I can while its still here.

I do wish to see a lot of illegals forced out of this country and more of those 20-25 year old kids who stay at home leaching off mommy and the government go out and do farm work, cook, clean toilets anything except being a POS loser and actually contribute to society.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
The World already has so many people on it now that huge numbers die of starvation and disease each year. The Earth needs to reboot it's global ecosystem and to do that it needs to reduce the amount of the main lifeform that is polluting it and sucking it dry, meaning PEOPLE. Sooner or later this will happen as it has many times before throughout the Earth's history through either pandemic or global disaster. :cool:

·
Bravo Zulu
13,133 Posts
Do you want your nations population to increase or decrease?

Reason I ask is because politicians here want to double our nations population in the next 20-30 years. I'm not sure why I'd want to live in such a crowded country though.
Decrease, we're overpopulated as it is. :thumb:

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Start with the prison population and then work on welfare population....... that should thin the herd and improve public safety at the same time.

Reactions: bayez and Karnus

·
The end is,,,,,
10,003 Posts
This is going in the DS thread about stupid questions......
Do you honestly believe that any of you, as an individual, have ANY control over the amount of people on the planet?
Either or... Who has control over the procreation of people? Thats right. People. If and yes I know it wont happen, people stop making babies I dont think the trees will step in and take over.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts