Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
RINO
1,896 Posts
Cowards.... Remember every Republican that voted YES on Primary Day.
  • Roy Blunt R-MO
  • Richard Burr R-NC
  • Rob Portman R-OH
  • Todd Young R-IN
  • John Cornyn R-TX
  • Thom Tillis R-NC
  • Bill Cassidy R-LA
  • Susan Collins R-ME
  • Lindsey Graham R-SC
  • Mitt Romney R-UT
  • Lisa Murkowski R-AK
  • Shelly Moore Capito R-WV
  • Joni Ernst R-IA
  • Mitch McConnell R-KY

·
RINO
1,896 Posts
I have a question about this bill - is there an adult age range/cutoff ie 25yr olds or whatever? Or are they looking at 60 yr olds’ juvenile records and suddenly deciding they’re not fit for firearm purchase?
  • Unseals juvenile records for ALL adults for purposes of banning gun sales

·
Registered
904 Posts
Was that the actual vote or the procedural vote to get it on the floor for a full vote? My understanding was that was a procedural vote full vote coming tomorrow or Friday.

Bipartisan Gun Bill Clears Initial Vote in Senate
The 64-to-34 vote came just hours after Republicans and Democrats released the text of the legislation, which could become the most significant overhaul of the nation’s gun laws in decades.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have a question about this bill - is there an adult age range/cutoff ie 25yr olds or whatever? Or are they looking at 60 yr olds’ juvenile records and suddenly deciding they’re not fit for firearm purchase?
I was listening to day to a video that said its will be extremely difficult to review juvenile records as because at least 15 states seal and expunge them automatically(from what I found from a 2016 report) there were several others( I believe 11 in 2016)that had bills on the table to do so. I dont believe there is any language anywhere to change that. just maybe in those states that do not they will be able to go back and look at them.

Im not gonna go look at all those different states and see what happened. lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the government even still have juvenile records of people who are 60 today?

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,644 Posts
Unfortunately Cornyn was just reelected in 2020 so we are stuck with him for 5.5 more years. If he thinks we will forget by then he may be in for a surprise.
is there a recall opportunity??? if so, i would recommend that and ASAP!!

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,644 Posts
Yeah its the procedural vote, they are planning on the actual vote going thru later this week, then the house picks up their version.
I read somewhere that Rand Paul was going to request/put forward amendments to the various bills...which could put a monkey-wrench into the whole scam...God Willing....

Rand Paul to Introduce Amendments to Senate Gun Bill (theepochtimes.com)

They tried to ram these bills without enough time for all the congressmen to fully grasp their full understanding and consequences...so hopefully this gets delayed, thrown back into the House for it to be in purgatory.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Does the government even still have juvenile records of people who are 60 today?
doubtful, everything I know of gets purged after 10 years for the most part. I'm no legal expert but did get in trouble as a yute. that stuff was purged before I even turned 18,

In my state you can pay a small fee and look up anyone's legal records with the State Police, also if you have a relative with gov clearance your records would be in their background check if they still existed..

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,644 Posts
doubtful, everything I know of gets purged after 10 years for the most part. I'm no legal expert but did get in trouble as a yute. that stuff was purged before I even turned 18,

In my state you can pay a small fee and look up anyone's legal records with the State Police, also if you have a relative with gov clearance your records would be in their background check if they still existed..
There are provisions in the bill for states to 'catch-up' on juvenile records. I believe its a sunsetting approach; 10-years then 5-years, etc. So expect some minors to not be able to purchase firearms until they are 28 years old, IF THEY KEEP THEIR NOSE CLEAN.... for some violent felonies, its life-long ban....

What worries me is about allowing midsemeanor infractions that can keep folks from purchasing/owning firearms/ammunition....Felony's no longer required as a condition..

EVERY SINGLE PERSON, REGARDLESS OF RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER, SOCIAL-ECONOMIC STATUS AND POLITICAL AFFILIATION SHOULD SEE THAT THIS IS TARGETED FOR THE NON-PRIVILEGED....WHICH PRETTY MUCH MEANS 99.9% OF THE WHOLE US POPULATION...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just another bb under the foot. The problem is with our schools where the Bill of Rights are taught in 4th grade and gender identity / proper queer pronouns get more study time. K-12 are taught to be good little social justice warriors and have no clue about their rights or why we have the Bill of Rights. So we will continue to produce commie mental cases like these 18 year old killers that are impossible to detect or stop. Just counting down the days before the next mass shooting. The democrat created culture is anti-gun and this is the result.

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
  • Roy Blunt R-MO
  • Richard Burr R-NC
  • Rob Portman R-OH
  • Todd Young R-IN
  • John Cornyn R-TX
  • Thom Tillis R-NC
  • Bill Cassidy R-LA
  • Susan Collins R-ME
  • Lindsey Graham R-SC
  • Mitt Romney R-UT
  • Lisa Murkowski R-AK
  • Shelly Moore Capito R-WV
  • Joni Ernst R-IA
  • Mitch McConnell R-KY
at lot of them are old enough that hey might not get another opportunity to run anyway, and several are not seeking re-election

the constitution and the will of the people have no way to handle "lame duck" politicians.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts