Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if this has been posted yet, my apologies if so. I got this off another forum.

"Celebrate the Second Amendment by buying an extra 100 rounds of ammunition. Great for hunting, self-defense, target practice, and annoying the anti-gun lobbyists. There are an estimated 75 million gun owners in the US. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammo, that's 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

>> " A brief explanation - What is National Ammo Day?
November 19 is National Ammo Day.

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person.
The goals of Ammo Day:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19! << "

Please join me in celebration of this day... feel free to buy more for yourself in the name of other owners that might not get the word...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do not know if this has been posted yet, my apologies if so. I got this off another forum.

"Celebrate the Second Amendment by buying an extra 100 rounds of ammunition. Great for hunting, self-defense, target practice, and annoying the anti-gun lobbyists. There are an estimated 75 million gun owners in the US. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammo, that's 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

>> " A brief explanation - What is National Ammo Day?
November 19 is National Ammo Day.

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person.
The goals of Ammo Day:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19! << "

Please join me in celebration of this day... feel free to buy more for yourself in the name of other owners that might not get the word...
I would if I could find a place that wasn't gouging 7.62x39.

I'm just glad I decided to purchase 4,400 rounds before the panic buying a couple months ago

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Sounds good to me!
I helped out last time and would do so even more this time, if the prices would slack off a bit

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Sounds good to me!
I helped out last time and would do so even more this time, if the prices would slack off a bit

National Ammo Day November 19th

Must be nice to have National Day eh?:D:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
crap, I didnt see this one. My bad

·
Endure-Adapt-Overcome
332 Posts
I buy 100 rounds every time I go to Wal-Mart, but on Nov. 19th I will buy ammo to hlep out with ammo day.

And guys I don't know if it's just in my area or all over, but for the last two weeks I have been able to buy a 50 round box of Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ at Wal-Mart for $8.57 a box I go back to the three Wal-Marts near me and check every two to three days to see if they get more and if the price is the same. I buy every thing they have when I find a deal. The lowest I have found this ammo here was $11.99 but now I save $3.42 a box, and this ammo is great for target practice and I'm saving some to use for trade.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
sounds like a great idea! Especially if it's American made ammo

·
Registered
37 Posts
A "National Day" centered around buying something? What is this? If you want to buy ammo, go for it, but this is the thinnest marketing ploy I've ever seen, just making up some fake holiday.
You're not doing this to "protect the second amendment", buying ammo doesn't send a significant message to anyone. There isn't a politician out there who's going to say "well I was going to support a new weapons ban, but a lot of people threw their money at EDC and ammo companies, so I guess I won't". I know ammo is useful, but stil...

This is nothing but advertising, please just think before you buy!

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
A "National Day" centered around buying something? What is this? If you want to buy ammo, go for it, but this is the thinnest marketing ploy I've ever seen, just making up some fake holiday.
You're not doing this to "protect the second amendment", buying ammo doesn't send a significant message to anyone. There isn't a politician out there who's going to say "well I was going to support a new weapons ban, but a lot of people threw their money at EDC and ammo companies, so I guess I won't". I know ammo is useful, but stil...

THANK GOD somebody else saw it like I did...
not to mention hoarding ammo, creating a panic when suddenly THERE IS NONE on the shelves...

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
I think it sends a nice message to the usual suspects. if it's big enough, it might even generate some news stories in the crive-by media. all of that, would be good, no?

Think I'll stock up on some more slugs and 00 buck shot. :)

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I do not sell ammo so I do not benefit from this at all. This is a yearly thing. I doubt 11/19 will show much of a spike in ammo sales due to the recent purchasing climate. I doubt many forum members will benefit from the post but maybe the message will trickle out to a few gun owners who are not members of this forum. Besides when did purchasing an extra box of ammo or two become a bad thing. I have no issue supporting the firearm industry even if the whole "National Ammo Day" is a marketing ploy. I wish I purchased a lot more ammo last November 19th.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Ill help out! Can't go wrong with buying ammo! Better than gold!:D:

Reactions: ww2willysjeep
1 - 19 of 19 Posts