Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a techie,don,t really know how to report it.

Keep getting a pop up ad on the bottom right of my screen when I click on a thread.

Big fat santa wannabe using very vulgar language,and other following.
TFBTV gun vidioes

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,300 Posts
I’ve sent this to the admins... not sure what they can do

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Not a techie,don,t really know how to report it.

Keep getting a pop up ad on the bottom right of my screen when I click on a thread.

Big fat santa wannabe using very vulgar language,and other following.
TFBTV gun vidioes
If you're on a PC, download AdBlock Plus and Ghostery to block ads and tracking cookies.
Also, clearing your cache and deleting cookies can help.

If you're on a phone I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe its a sponsored ad here..pop up is on the bottom right,but I scroll down a thread, about 4 posts down its part of the thread also

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,300 Posts
I believe its a sponsored ad here..pop up is on the bottom right,but I scroll down a thread, about 4 posts down its part of the thread also
Which thread?

Mods don’t see ads so it’s hard for us to track crap like this and try to get it fixed

·
Goat Roper
1,256 Posts
Try a different browser. You have some kind of malware/adware that got into your browser. If all else fails, try uninstall chrome/firefox completely, then reboot, then download new version and install. Also, Ad Blocker and malwarebytes are good friends of the online universe.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
What I did was use an antivirus that has high ratings. I checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives for choices, esp. free versions with no popups for upgrades.

I also installed and ran free versions of Malwarebytes and Zemana for non-real time, manual scanning.

For the browser, I installed uBlock Origin, Forget Me Not (for cookies), and others.

Finally, for smart phones, I think I used Firefox with uBlock Origin, etc.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Use your ad blocker to block it. You should always use an ad blocker on your brower, and anti-malware on your PC at the OS level.

For an ad blocker I use Ublock Origins (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/). It's free, has many block lists turned on my default, and you can easily block more ads yourself. Always free.

For the Windows OS level I use Malwarebytes (https://www.malwarebytes.com/). They have a free version.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
I found the TFBTV popup to be particularly annoying. Ghostery and a decent ad/popup blocker should clean of most of the ads and popups. It did for me, now I get a counter in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

When I click on this site I instantly pick up 20+blocked trackers, they're like fleas on a dog...LOL

This site is so cluttered up with ads and such that it's nearly impossible to have a discussion with out taking some preventative measure to block the aggressive advertising content.

Just on this page alone Ghostery has blocked 7 trackers, one of which is unknown. Yeah...gotta love that...LOL

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I found the TFBTV popup to be particularly annoying. Ghostery and a decent ad/popup blocker should clean of most of the ads and popups. It did for me, now I get a counter in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

When I click on this site I instantly pick up 20+blocked trackers, they're like fleas on a dog...LOL

This site is so cluttered up with ads and such that it's nearly impossible to have a discussion with out taking some preventative measure to block the aggressive advertising content.

Just on this page alone Ghostery has blocked 7 trackers, one of which is unknown. Yeah...gotta love that...LOL
My AdblockPlus is stopping 20, and Ghostery has blocked 10.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts