Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wildlife Proctologist
2,208 Posts
Checked on friends there this morning and they say it's real bad near them. Hit close to them but they are ok and no damage. Feel bad for all those families that lost people and those that lost homes.

Almost headed straight there as the path was right by them just north of 40. Fortunately was able to talk to them very early and they don't need anything.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sad situation there..lets hope there isn't any higher death count.

Worst possible time to survive one is in the middle of the night (when your sleeping) as they were.
They had sirens but not much warning it seems.

We have county wide sirens just put in a few years ago.
They save lives providing they are activated in time.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah. It hit Nashville head on. We have friends that live in East Nashville which got it bad. It hit across the lake in Mt Juliet and I slept right through it which is unusual for me. The thunder finally woke me around 3:00. Reports look pretty bad.

I came through downtown today. Lots debris still on I-65. Trucks and cars backed up for miles avoiding stuff still sitting on interstate. Was a large HVAC unit from like a building rooftop crumpled on the shoulder. From where it was looks like it flew at least couple hundred yards or more. Just missed Nissan stadium.

We've had them hit closer but this appears to be the worst one in terms of damage/deaths and distance on the ground.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm in Cookeville, Nashville is getting all of the press. We lost at least 18 souls. Buddy recovered a brain from the rubble this morning. Not kidding.

It's epic here. Missed me and mine by the grace of God.

Our community has come out in droves to help.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
My wife saw the news and called me all worried. We are currently staying in Knoxville for the month but she had to go back to CT for a week. I told her no issues here and that Nashville is actually something like a 2plus hour trip west of our hotel. But I am glad we didn't go there. I'd like to spend a day or two there and do the tourist thing again.

Reactions: Fonz

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A long term fix needs to be put into place to stop tornadoes and hurricanes..

Gonna need a little terraforming.

Cut a large break through the Rockies to avoid the crazy turbulence of air being pushed over the mountains.

And cut a seaway through Mexico to set up a sweep current through the Gulf.

Yes, it will cost money, but so do tornadoes and hurricanes.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
We went yesterday to help some people on Hunting Hill Dr in Mt Juliet. They were home when it hit, ran into the bathroom, and lived through seeing their 2 story home turned into a 1 story. They also had a huge barn with horses that lifted and broke up ( horses ok). My wife helped them pack their stuff into rented cubes. I helped salvage what good wood was left from the barn and burned the rest along with several scattered old big trees. The devastation in that area was unreal.
On a positive note, there were hundreds of people who came out to help with the clean up. Also, lots of businesses supplied food and water. It was all very inspiring.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We went yesterday to help some people on Hunting Hill Dr in Mt Juliet. They were home when it hit, ran into the bathroom, and lived through seeing their 2 story home turned into a 1 story. They also had a huge barn with horses that lifted and broke up ( horses ok). My wife helped them pack their stuff into rented cubes. I helped salvage what good wood was left from the barn and burned the rest along with several scattered old big trees. The devastation in that area was unreal.
On a positive note, there were hundreds of people who came out to help with the clean up. Also, lots of businesses supplied food and water. It was all very inspiring.
People that live in tornado alley are some of the nicest people I have met in my travels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts