Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yes. Humans need to stop being “crybabies” and get their act together. We need colonies on the moon, Mars, floating cities on Venus, in separate orbit around the sun, and ships enroute to other stars. STOP being short term closed minded morons.

·
Wearing fur underwears...
2,523 Posts
Yes. Humans need to stop being “crybabies” and get their act together. We need colonies on the moon, Mars, floating cities on Venus, in separate orbit around the sun, and ships enroute to other stars. STOP being short term closed minded morons.
Oops I accidentally liked this trying to respond. Not sure how to remove it on Tapatalk, but I guess I could if you move to Venus or Mars. You might want to figure a way to get some extra oxygen, as Mars has no magnetosphere and can't support liquid water, and is one hundredth the thickness of Earth's, and nearly all CO2. Which if it causes global warming; Mars hasn't heard the news. Bring some long johns and dress in layers, as the temperatures swing up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you decide to move to balmy Venus, don't fly by Russian Air, as their crappy lander crapped out in an hour of 900 Fahrenheit weather.
The atmospheric pressure is a little high too, and you will want to chew some gum until your ears adjust to the 9000 kpa difference in pressure.

I agree that we just have to be less of a giant collective 🐈.

Have a pleasant trip.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
When you get a chance to log in via a web browser, look for the "Remove Your Thanks" link just under where the Thanks button was.

BTW: I only got this far "Yes. Humans need to stop being “crybabies”" when I added my thanks.

I don't know anything about moving to balmy Venus. Maybe I need to read more.

. . . . although,

With the abundance of production capabilities and excess of available brain power, we should set our sights high. With GMO food, we really can feed the world. For those who do not like GMO, we could set up 5,000 small greenhouses to breed better plants the old school way (simply using existing EBT funds and having people get off their unproductive asses.

With another billion people getting online in the next few years, we could exchange ideas to actually reach Venus.

na.

I'd rather bitch about Hillary and get drunk watching the Superbowl. I may have to take a knee on all this space stuff.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I don't know anything about moving to balmy Venus. Maybe I need to read more.

With another billion people getting online in the next few years, we could exchange ideas to actually reach Venus.
There's no problem reaching Venus, you just can't live there. Yes you really need to read up on Venus.

·
Registered
21,805 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
13,583 Posts
It's not the heat, it's the humidity. :thumb:
And in this case the humidity is in the form of sulfuric acid as the heat has vaporized an incredible amount of sulfur into the air.

We just need to take a bunch of Venus' atmosphere and give it to Mars and then we'll have 2 more habitable planets (and no, I'm not suggesting that this is actually doable). Venus' atmosphere is too thick, thus it traps too much heat. Mars' atmosphere is too thin, thus it doesn't trap enough. It's not a planet's location that matters as much as it's the amount of greenhouse gases sitting on top of a solid surface in relation to its distance from the star.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
And in this case the humidity is in the form of sulfuric acid as the heat has vaporized an incredible amount of sulfur into the air.
(waves hand airily) Details, details.

We just need to take a bunch of Venus' atmosphere and give it to Mars and then we'll have 2 more habitable planets (and no, I'm not suggesting that this is actually doable). Venus' atmosphere is too thick, thus it traps too much heat. Mars' atmosphere is too thin, thus it doesn't trap enough. It's not a planet's location that matters as much as it's the amount of greenhouse gases sitting on top of a solid surface in relation to its distance from the star.
I have heard it said that, with the proper techniques and genetically engineered bacteria, we could make Venus more habitable in a few hundred years, if we could get there with sufficient supplies. No suggestions have been forthcoming on how to terraform Mars, short of steering massive numbers of comets into it.

·
2,523 Posts
(waves hand airily) Details, details.

I have heard it said that, with the proper techniques and genetically engineered bacteria, we could make Venus more habitable in a few hundred years, if we could get there with sufficient supplies. No suggestions have been forthcoming on how to terraform Mars, short of steering massive numbers of comets into it.
I would just start work on getting a planet closer to us! :upsidedown::p:space

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have to remember Barry cut NASA at the knees over 5 years ago. NASA isn't just about "space". Some of what NASA has given us over the years. Have you used any of these?
Artificial limbs
Baby formula
Cell-phone cameras
Computer mouse
Cordless tools
Ear thermometer
Firefighter gear
Freeze-dried food
Golf clubs
Long-distance communication
Invisible braces
MRI and CAT scans
Memory foam
Safer highways
Solar panels
Shoe insoles
Ski boots
Adjustable smoke detector
Water filters
UV-blocking sunglasses

NASA did not invent:
Tang
Velcro
Teflon

·
2,523 Posts
You have to remember Barry cut NASA at the knees over 5 years ago. NASA isn't just about "space". Some of what NASA has given us over the years. Have you used any of these?
Artificial limbs
Baby formula
Cell-phone cameras
Computer mouse
Cordless tools
Ear thermometer
Firefighter gear
Freeze-dried food
Golf clubs
Long-distance communication
Invisible braces
MRI and CAT scans
Memory foam
Safer highways
Solar panels
Shoe insoles
Ski boots
Adjustable smoke detector
Water filters
UV-blocking sunglasses

NASA did not invent:
Tang
Velcro
Teflon
And the tech is nice, but they could have invented honky tonk badonkadonk, and it would be beside the point. Political view points, and shaky observational "science" just don't belong in an organization like that.

And I try to use as few of those products as possible. I hate safe highways almost as much as I hate all the orphans.

·
Registered
18 Posts
121 - 140 of 148 Posts