Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://kfor.com/2017/08/16/alabama-woman-missing-for-a-month-found-naked-by-side-of-the-road/

Woman goes out in the woods with two guys.
Guys break in to a deer camp.
Woman runs into the woods shows up naked on a road a month later.

First I thought :wow! Good for her.
Then I thought : this sounds like the plot to a Breaking Bad episode.

·
Registered
290 Posts
http://kfor.com/2017/08/16/alabama-woman-missing-for-a-month-found-naked-by-side-of-the-road/

Woman goes out in the woods with two guys.
Guys break in to a deer camp.
Woman runs into the woods shows up naked on a road a month later.

First I thought :wow! Good for her.
Then I thought : this sounds like the plot to a Breaking Bad episode.
I'm pretty sure there may be a little more to this story, but irregardless it is a good example of what so many overlook. It is the will/ spirit to survive that is the most vital aspect. Everyone thinks they have it, but that is never the case. Also it is not something you can see or judge until it is challenged. The two toughest, strongest folks I have ever seen both were petite little 5' nothing ladies with generous hearts and humor. I have witnessed their resolve and growth while the big, skilled, and "tough" struggled and/or broke. Attitude is everything.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was a bit skeptical at first but the image of her legs definitely suggests she wasn't spending the time sunning herself on a beach.

Wonder why it took her so long to find a road and what happened to her clothes? Was she just terrified to the point of no longer being rational, perhaps compounded by lack of human contact, which will make people act in truly irrational ways? I'd like to know the full story, which will probably come out.

The only part that makes me raise an eyebrow is that it's Alabama, which, while not completely lacking in wilderness, doesn't have any truly huge tracts of wild land. Either she was staying in one place or walking in circles for most of that time.

·
Storyteller
2,226 Posts
Huummm
50 pounds in one month?

Ate mushrooms and berries?

Drank water from puddles?

How about, saw boyfriend(s) break into a lodge and hauled eerr butt.

Waited at (home, friends house, etc) until the heat was off (boyfriend 'clears' her in crime).

Gets dropped of, wanders in the woods for a day or so to acquire bug bites/scratches. Jumps out on road begging to be rescued.... Ta da - victim and not crook....

Sorry - I'm not buying it.....

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at the photos she looks like she has a fuller face on the after picture compared to the hooters picture.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I got lost in the Talladega national forest once. Walked a straight line and found a road in less than an hour. Walked 10 miles back to the truck. Those boots hurt like hell and I learned to always take water.

Rural Alabama has logging roads everywhere, I can't believe she didn't cross one.

·
Grumpy Old Bastard
2,107 Posts
I'm thinkin a Hooters outfit might not give much protection from the elements. I'm sure there's no place to pack away a BOB on that uniform either..

She'll write a book and make a fortune I'm sure.

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,419 Posts
When I read that it occurred to me
He legs don't have a month worth of hair growth.
Nor do her feet look like she has been walking barefoot in the woods for a month.

And she can't keep a stitch of clothing on but by God she has her hair up in a clip?

And she's supposed to be 50 lbs lighter in the after pic than in the before pic with the Hooters uniform? Emaciated wouldn't be the half of it.

Doesn't add up at all.

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,419 Posts
She is legally blind, and they have some rather convincing pictures of her skin and the soles of her feet.

Kinda hard to navigate your way out of a forest if you can't see.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onth-woods-describes-how-she-survived-n794006
She's legally blind and yet was able to find sufficient berries and mushrooms to survive on for a month. I am not quite legally blind and I have to wear my glasses in the shower so I can find the soap and shampoo. I sure couldn't find berries and mushrooms in the forest without my glasses. I don't believe that part of the story, either. Also, you watch the video and she doesn't relate to her environment like a blind person.

And just like her legs show some wear and tear, so do her soles. But nothing like one would expect after a month in the woods with no shoes. Maybe--maybe--a few days. But not a month.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts